Where should the bonus chapter take place?

• - Asia.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • - Central America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - South America

• - Stay in the U.S.S.R

• - Return to the Middle East.

• - Europe.

• - Oceania.

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6 - The Nail In The Coffin
“We stand with the West, as the Iranian Government has declared our nation, and our people, and Cancer in the Middle East when the history of this nation is one Defensive War after another. If the West wishes our help, so shall we.”

• Statement by Yitzhak Navon on the War in Iran.

“I declare right here and now, that Jimmy Carter was a good man, who did some bad things. I admit that, but I am also here to admit that the war he, and now I am overseeing, is a just one not just for the American People, but also for the Iranian People as well. And I ask, the International Community, to support us in this cause, as we begin our long march to Tehran-”

• Excerpt from President Mondale’s inauguration speech, June 5th.

“It seems that the war in Iran can only grow larger, as the Nation of Israel has formally declared War on Iran after new President Mondale has called upon the entire international community for aid.”

• Audio from a CBS Broadcast, June 7th.

JERUSALEM BOMBINGS! WAS IRAN RESPONSIBLE?

• Newspaper Headline from June 10th.

“Iran is a country that is resorting to playing dirty to survive, and we shall not tolerate it. They are trying to convince the people of Palestine that this is a war worth dying for, a cause they themselves don't fully believe in but are intent on fully creating a suicide pact between it and the Middle East. The innocent lives lost, and the blood on their hands will no longer be tolerated by me, or many of the Iranian People, as such-”

• Excerpt from President Mondale’s speech following the Jerusalem Bombings, beginning a massive bombing campaign of major industrial sites of Iran.

“Iran shall be free! Long live the Shah!”
  • Quote by Shpour Bakhtiar rallying the ‘Imperial Restoration Front’, a collection of disillusioned revolutionaries, exiled imperial officials, and the remains of the Imperial Guard, and even swarms of defecting Iranian Soldiers, together to form the ‘Emergency Government of the Imperial Kingdom of Iran/Persia. Persia became a mainstream name for this recognized Government, as Iran would now forever be associated with Islamic Extremism and Right-Wing Nationalism, even if the Government still labels itself as Iran, to the rest of the world, it was now once again Persia. The American-Iranian War officially became the Iranian Civil War on June 14th, 1980.

“The War in Iran is now reaching its conclusion, as the once static front breakes more and more, so what happens when Tehran falls? Well, a CBS Expert has this to say.”

“Thank you. The War in Iran, after months of static and bloody warfare, has recently been broken into a race for occupation following the recent beginning of a Civil War between those who wish to see the Islamic Republic survive, and those who wish to see a return to the monarchy after the chaos that this last year has brought. This has torn the defense of the Iranian Homeland in two, as many officials of the armed forces have defected to the Monarchists. However, it’s clear to many that Iran will not be whole when the gunfire ceases. The Soviets and their Kurdish Allies control the northwest of Iran, specifically where a Kurdish Majority resides, and the lands near the Caspian Sea, securing it as another lake in the eyes of the Soviets. Iraq has officially annexed the province of Khuzeckstan and surrounding territory, now boosting their already oil-rich economy to new heights. And, in the rest of the region, a fight rages on between the Internationally backed Persians, with help from the United States, and the Republican Government. In my eyes, it is only a matter of time before the Islamic Extremists collapse.”

• Audio from the CBS report on the war on June 20th.

U.S. PARATROOPERS LAND IN TEHRAN! THE BATTLE BEGINS!

• Newspaper Headline on June 27th.

The Battle of Tehran… that was when all hell broke loose. When first dropped into the city, we were expecting fierce resistance, which we were informed of and assured that reinforcements from the main front had broken through and would be arriving in a few hours' time. But holy shit. The sky just lit up with gunfire and anti-aircraft weapons, it looked like a fucking nuke had been dropped on the city, as all we could see is that blinding light and each other. And one by one, the anti-aircraft guns were grinding us all into red paste. Hell, I even remember someone nearby me being reduced to a skeleton with human legs by some explosive, and the bastard was still alive for a few seconds, just enough to scream until his lungs reacted to the air, and his heart fell out of place.

But, whatever the case, some of us had made it onto the ground, and that’s when everything got worse. A.P.C’s around every corner, enough boobytraps to make jigsaw blush in nearly every home we went in. And to top it all off? Fucking child suicide bombers that would scream for help and run to us, before pulling a fucking bomb vest. I was probably the only man in my team who made it out alive in a counter with those little demons.

But, thankfully, the cavalry decided to get off their sorry asses, and come stop this one-sided massacer before it got bad for P.R., and I’ll admit it. It was super fucking cool seeing both sides in gasmasks fight it out like it was Berlin in 45’, with Chemical Weapons, Rockets and Grenades, and gunfire everywhere. Building to building combat, Tanks fighting each other in the streets, and even some jets and planes battling it out in the air, it was something. I got to see it from a bird’s eye’s view, as I got reassigned to a chopper crew mid-battle. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tehran didn’t inspire FPS shooters, as it looked straight out of a movie. Hell, even the Persians did stuff, such as storming the government buildings and cutting down the flag of the Islamic Republic wherever it flew. By the end, after three days of constant fighting, on June 29th, it was finally over. But with so many dead, Iran in pieces with entirely separate factions occupying parts of it, and the news that the Remants of the Islamic Republic were escaping to a destination unknown, basically creating a permanent U.S. Enemy, one has to ask themselves.

Was it worth it?

• Excerpt from ‘The Story of a G.I., the Iran War.’

Last edited:
While the Islamic Republic may be dead, the Revolutionaries live on, and now will help another group, that they would call,..well, as Ronald Regan put it best:

"A group of brave freedom fighters."

Also, I plan on doing some things about American pop culture and other things once we are done going through the Graveyard of Empires, so I'll leave you all with this little teaser for now:

"We do, what Nintendon't."

Last edited:
7 - False Hope
IS AMERICA DIVIDED?

• Newspaper Headline on August 3rd, 1979.

NEW YORK RIOTS UNDERWAY!

• Newspaper Headline on September 28th, 1979

“The Government has been oppressing us for long enough! We will not tolerate a forceful occupation of another sovereign nation! I tell you: this is the beginning of something horrible, and we must act now if we are to prevent it!”

• Audio sample taken from one of the riots apart from the ‘Bleeding Apple’ Riots of 1979.

I’m not winning the fucking election, am I?

• Sentence taken from a transcript of a conversation between President Mondale and his secretary. Most likely happened during October of 1979.

“Good Evening, and Merry Christmas Eve. However, it seems that certain groups of people on the world stage just can’t find that holiday spirit, as reports are coming in that Soviet Troops have landed in Major Afghan cities, and the Soviet Government has now stated that the purpose of this is for “Anti-Terrorist Activities” after reports have been flooding in of attacks against the Soviet-Aligned Democratic Republic of Afghanistan by the Afghan People themselves. We now go to the weather for this week of festivities-”

• Audio from the CBS news on December 24th, 1979.

“Iran has fallen to the Serpent, but that doesn't mean that the Iranian People have! We shall fight alongside the Afghan people in their quest for liberation against foreign Imperialists, or we shall all face certain death! They may have cut off the head, but like a hydra, two more shall take its place! This is the year of the Islamic Revolution!”

• New Year’s Speech by a Former Iranian General, 1980.

REGAN WINS IN A LANDSLIDE!

• Newspaper Headline after the U.S. Presidential Results were published.

“-And I promise you all, a free, and safe society. America is not one to back down, but it isn’t one to pick fights it cannot win. And I promise you all that America will not intervene unless it is absolutely necessary. I also assure you all that I am not going anywhere, and that unlike my predecessor, I will always be here to make sure you all are truly, in the land of the free.-”

• Excerpt from President Reagan's inauguration speech, 1981.

REAGANOMICS! WHAT ARE THEY AND WHY YOU SHOULD LOVE THEM!

• Newspaper Headline, February 1st of 1980.

STAR WARS: EMPIRE STRIKES BACK BREAKS THE HEARTS OF MILLIONS, AS WELL AS THE BOX OFFICE!

• Newspaper Headline on May 30th, 1980, referring to the overwhelming success of the 2nd Star Wars Film released on the 23rd, as well as the Darker Tone compared to the Original.

“As America celebrates her 204th Birthday, we can all breathe a sigh of relief as the ‘Bleeding Apple’ Riots, as they have been called, have finally come to an end with the President himself leading negotiations with the rioters. Also, the recession that was seen but not spoken of during the Iranian War has all but vanished. It seems that Regan has truly lived up to his promises. America has never been better.-”

• Audio from the March 3rd, 1981 CBS Report. It’s been speculated that the Reagan Administration paid for this broadcast, though no evidence has been found proving that to be.

“Update on the War in Afghanistan. It seems that this already messy conflict can only get messier, as now a bombing has been reported in the Capital City of Kabul, by one of the organizations against the Soviet Occupation and Communist Afghanistan. But now we have gotten an exclusive interview with one of these Freedom Fighters, a man known as Osama Bin Laden-”

• Audio taken from the CBS News on September 20th, 1980. Every known copy of the Interview was destroyed in 2002, leaving it effectively one of the golden geese of American Lost Media.

Iran, and her people, have bled. This is known to all but only felt by us few. The Extremists pillaged and murdered all they could, and it only took an act from God, and help from our friends in the West to bring them down. This is why, I promise you all a new age will come to Iran, and our people shall breathe the air of prosperity again!

• Translated Excerpt taken from the Coronation of Reza Pahlevi as the Shah of Iran, after the death of his Father in October of 1980.

TOURISTS ARE ALLOWED BACK IN IRAN!

• Newspaper Headline on October 8th, 1980. Tourism Money proved to be one of the Key Factors in Iran’s Rebuilding and Full-Westernization.

“As 1981 rears its head, both sides of the political spectrum, both Democrat and Republican thank Regan and his administration for getting us out of the hole we were put in by the 1970s. Here’s hoping for a prosperous 9 more years! Good evening, and good night.”

• Audio from the CBS signoff on New Year's Eve, 1980.

It was supposed to be just a simple speech. He talked, and then we left the Hilton. Simple as that. And it was, for a majority of it. Everyone liked the speech, and we were on our way out. He waved to the crowd, pictures were taken-

Then went the neighborhood.

• Excerpt taken from former Secret Service Agent Jerry Parr’s Autobiography: ‘Calm Before The Storm.’

Last edited:
Ok, so Carter killed himself and now Raegan is dead

History books are going to be wild in the future of this TL.

Deleted member 191087

No fucking kidding. Let’s see how Bush Sr. will be tackling the first half of the 80s…

Oh, and also @thevird, since I don’t know much or anything about Rex’s Pahlavi, based on the research you’ve done for this timeline, can you say that he’ll be a genuine improvement over his father or sadly more of the same?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trust me, it only gets worse from here.
ACN-20210817-115889.jpg

tank_man-375.jpg

No fucking kidding. Let’s see how Bush Sr. will be tackling the first half of the 80s…

Oh, and also @thevird, since I don’t know much or anything about Rex’s Pahlavi, based on the research you’ve done for this timeline, can you say that he’ll be a genuine improvement of his father or sadly more of the same?
I'd say he will, although much of his reign is gonna be putting the pieces back together, forcing the rest of the Islamic Republic remnants out of Iran, and finally westernizing the Nation. Rex was much more a Hollywood Personality than his father, and while he may be better due to his education and a first-hand account of what went wrong the first time, he wasn't shy about using force or unethical methods to get what he wanted. Also, the U.S. has done some questionable things about the nationalization of Iran's Oil, something that could bite them in the ass later.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot to say also: Iran is divided, although the "Iranian People's Republic" is an occupied Sockpuppet of the Soviets that is barely recognized, and only really around near the Caspian and North-West, going to collapse near instantly once the Berlin Wall falls, and Kurdistan just wants to be left the fuck alone and is already on it's way to voting the Communists out of power.

Deleted member 191087

I'd say he will, although much of his reign is gonna be putting the pieces back together, forcing the rest of the Islamic Republic remnants out of Iran, and finally westernizing the Nation. Rex was much more a Hollywood Personality than his father, and while he may be better due to his education and a first-hand account of what went wrong the first time, he wasn't shy about using force or unethical methods to get what he wanted. Also, the U.S. has done some questionable things about the nationalization of Iran's Oil, something that could bite them in the ass later.
Well, at the very least he’s an improvement, although I will guess he will not be the best thing Iran could’ve gotten, unfortunately. Also, I’m not surprised to hear the US did some questionable things in Iran again and the fact that you did it could blow up in their faces again sure is validating Santayana’s view of history repeating itself. All that said, looking forward what you’ll have in store for us again.
Oh yeah, I completely forgot to say also: Iran is divided, although the "Iranian People's Republic" is an occupied Sockpuppet of the Soviets that is barely recognized, and only really around near the Caspian and North-West, going to collapse near instantly once the Berlin Wall falls, and Kurdistan just wants to be left the fuck alone and is already on it's way to voting the Communists out of power.
Soooo Iran is a little bit like Cyprus now basically, with Russia being Turkey in this situation.

FACTIONS CREATED AFTER THE ISLAMIC FALLOUT OF 1980

The Imperial Kingdom of Iran/Persia
main-qimg-25bc93e02cbd99473937485c2114a8eb.png

Absolute Monarchy with Parliamentary Tendencies.

The Iranian People's State/Republic [Unreconized, Officially Known as the Soviet Iranian Occupation Zone.)

dbfi8pg-44248037-a76d-430c-976b-d2e7b209d1dc.png

Military Junta with plans to hand it off to a Soviet Incorporated Communist Government.

People's Republic of Kurdi-[TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED, PLEASE STAND BY]

[TRANSMISSION FOUND, CONNECTING...]
[CONNECTION SUCCESSFUL]

"اليوم، نقف على مفترق طرق التاريخ، وكل ما يدور في أذهاننا هو الانتقام وآمال التحرر من الشيطان الأكبر! ونحن نقف الآن بكل عزم، ونعلم قريباً أن الله سيرزقنا بما نحتاج إليه! المجد للثورة! يحيا الإسلام!"
- الثورة

[DISCONNECTED, SIGNING OFF.]

Last edited:
Also I immagime Saddam will "persuade" a lot of kurds and Shias in the new iraqi territories to move out

You know for their safety

Also I immagime Saddam will "persuade" a lot of kurds and Shias in the new iraqi territories to move out

You know for their safety
Oh no most definitely. Could it come back to bite him? Most likely. But for right now Iraq is in its Golden Age, and the economy is good, so Saddam can get away with a lot right now.

Deleted member 191087

Oh no most definitely. Could it come back to bite him? Most likely. But for right now Iraq is in its Golden Age, and the economy is good, so Saddam can get away with a lot right now.
Speaking of Saddam, how is he seen by the world at large and by large I mean more specifically the west? Considering how the threat of the rebellious Islamic Republic has been nipped in the bud, which means that there would be no western support for Iraq from nations such as the States, France, West Germany etc. So of anything, I goes he’ll be seen as your average typical nationalist Middle Eastern dictator. Of course, I’m also curious as to what he might do for most of this very different 80s now that he won’t spend the decade fighting Iran. Where there he any other countries he wanted to pick a fight with in the 80s if it weren’t for Iran?

Oh, and actually one more thing: how many people have died during the whole bloody affair in Iran, from the US, Iraq and USSR invading and of course the Iranian Civil War itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
FACTIONS CREATED AFTER THE ISLAMIC FALLOUT OF 1980

The Imperial Kingdom of Iran/Persia
View attachment 868939
Absolute Monarchy with Parliamentary Tendencies.

The Iranian People's State/Republic [Unreconized, Officially Known as the Soviet Iranian Occupation Zone.)

View attachment 868940
Military Junta with plans to hand it off to a Soviet Incorporated Communist Government.

People's Republic of Kurdi-[TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED, PLEASE STAND BY]

[TRANSMISSION FOUND, CONNECTING...]
[CONNECTION SUCCESSFUL]

"اليوم، نقف على مفترق طرق التاريخ، وكل ما يدور في أذهاننا هو الانتقام وآمال التحرر من الشيطان الأكبر! ونحن نقف الآن بكل عزم، ونعلم قريباً أن الله سيرزقنا بما نحتاج إليه! المجد للثورة! يحيا الإسلام!"
- الثورة

[DISCONNECTED, SIGNING OFF.]
What does the Farsi translate to?

What does the Farsi translate to?
"Today, we stand at the crossroads of history, and all we have in mind is revenge and hopes of liberation from the Great Satan! We stand now with determination, and soon know that God will bless us with what we need! Glory to the revolution! Long live Islam!"
- Revolution