@TheFaultsofAlts , @Tacomaster, @Nivek, @kirbopher15, @ExowareMasses, @UNIVERSAL.EXE, @Lumi_rimu(AltHist), @Gavinworld12, @Bloo J, @Otakuninja2006
Inspired by the TL-2K23 thread.
Companies ITTL:

Parent CompaniesPrimary
Labels
Secondary
Labels
Other
Labels
AnimationTelevisionOther DivisionsBroadcast NetworksCable Networks
Sony Entertainment
(Sony)
Columbia PicturesTristar PicturesDisney
MGM
United Artists
Sony Pictures Animation
Disney Television Animation
CBS Studios
Bad Wolf
Silvergate Media Limited
Sony Music
Simon and Schuster
Sony Music Entertainment Japan
Sony Wonder
CBSAMC
BBC America
IFC
Animax
Playhouse
Netflix Universal GroupUniversal PicturesNew Line Cinema
Dreamworks SKG
Castle Rock Pictures
Blumhouse Pictures (majority stake)
Dreamworks Animation SKG
Dreamworks Animation Television
Cartoon Network Studios
NBC StudiosNetflix
Universal Destinations and Experinces
Xfinity
NBCTNT
TBS
TruTV
TCM
HBO
Freeform
Cartoon Network
CNBC
FoxStarz20th Century FoxFox Searchlight PicturesLucasfilm
Fox Star Studios
Lucasfilm Animation
Pixar
20th Century Fox TelevisionFox Music
Sky
National Geographic Partners
Fox
MyNetworkTV
Movies!
FX Movie Channel
Fox News Channel
National Geographic

However, I haven't thought of what could happen to Warner and Paramount. But in the 90s, Paramount would've got Time and Warner ends up getting ABC. What does everyone think?

Last edited:
@TheFaultsofAlts , @Tacomaster, @Nivek, @kirbopher15, @ExowareMasses, @UNIVERSAL.EXE, @Lumi_rimu(AltHist), @Gavinworld12, @Bloo J, @Otakuninja2006
Inspired by the TL-2K23 thread.
Companies ITTL:

Parent CompaniesPrimary
Labels
Secondary
Labels
Other
Labels
AnimationTelevisionOther DivisionsBroadcast NetworksCable Networks
Sony Entertainment
(Sony)
Columbia PicturesTristar PicturesDisney
MGM
United Artists
Sony Pictures Animation
Disney Television Animation
CBS Studios
Bad Wolf
Silvergate Media Limited
Sony Music
Simon and Schuster
Sony Music Entertainment Japan
Sony Wonder
CBSAMC
BBC America
IFC
Animax
Playhouse
Netflix Universal GroupUniversal PicturesNew Line Cinema
Dreamworks SKG
Castle Rock Pictures
Blumhouse Pictures (majority stake)
Dreamworks Animation SKG
Dreamworks Animation Television
NBC StudiosNetflix
Universal Destinations and Experinces
Xfinity
NBCTNT
TBS
TruTV
TCM
HBO
Freeform
Cartoon Network
CNBC
FoxStarz20th Century FoxFox Searchlight PicturesLucasfilm
Fox Star Studios
Lucasfilm Animation
Pixar
20th Century Fox TelevisionFox Music
Sky
National Geographic Partners
Fox
MyNetworkTV
Movies!
FX Movie Channel
Fox News Channel
National Geographic

However, I haven't thought of what could happen to Warner and Paramount. But in the 90s, Paramount would've got Time and Warner ends up getting ABC. What does everyone think?
Sony owning Columbia-TriStar, Disney, and MGM/UA? Plus CBS and Simon & Schuster? I'm almost fascinated by that level of consolidation.

So, in your world, Ted Turner runs Universal with New Line, Castle Rock, and Cartoon Network. Where does Hanna-Barbera fall into this? Is it folded into DreamWorks? And that's not going into how Netflix owns Xfinity, which is a whole new can of worms.

By contrast, I think FoxStarz is the most realistic of the three you've laid out. 20th Century Fox buying Starz does make some sense. Also, having them own Lucasfilm and Pixar gives them enough reason to pass on Blue Sky. Curious as to how MyNetworkTV functions as a second broadcast network, though.

Also, Paramount buying Time Magazine and WB owning ABC would be feasible. I personally think ABC could use WB's animation studio to their benefit.

*motions for him to send the explanation
Turner would get MCA in 1996. Then would go on a shopping spree in the 2000s and buys NBC from GE in 2004, along with Dreamworks SKG in 2005. In 2013, Comcast would later buy the company. The company would later merge with Netflix to form Netflix Universal Group.

Sony would get Tristar Pictures (Columbia, Tristar, Disney) in 1989 and would form SPE in 1991. Animax is the successor to Disney Channel in 1998. Finally, the company would acquire AMC Networks in 2018 to plaster the 21stCF acquisition.

Sony owning Columbia-TriStar, Disney, and MGM/UA? Plus CBS and Simon & Schuster? I'm almost fascinated by that level of consolidation.

So, in your world, Ted Turner runs Universal with New Line, Castle Rock, and Cartoon Network. Where does Hanna-Barbera fall into this? Is it folded into DreamWorks? And that's not going into how Netflix owns Xfinity, which is a whole new can of worms.

By contrast, I think FoxStarz is the most realistic of the three you've laid out. 20th Century Fox buying Starz does make some sense. Also, having them own Lucasfilm and Pixar gives them enough reason to pass on Blue Sky. Curious as to how MyNetworkTV functions as a second broadcast network, though.

Also, Paramount buying Time Magazine and WB owning ABC would be feasible. I personally think ABC could use WB's animation studio to their benefit.

1. Hanna-Barbera gets folded into Cartoon Network Studios.
2. Turner would get MCA in 1996. Then would go on a shopping spree in the 2000s and buys NBC from GE in 2004, along with Dreamworks SKG in 2005. In 2013, Comcast would later buy the company. The company would later merge with Netflix to form Netflix Universal Group.

1. Hanna-Barbera gets folded into Cartoon Network Studios.
2. Turner would get MCA in 1996. Then would go on a shopping spree in the 2000s and buys NBC from GE in 2004, along with Dreamworks SKG in 2005. In 2013, Comcast would later buy the company. The company would later merge with Netflix to form Netflix Universal Group.
Oh, I also forgot Fox Family Worldwide for #2.

Actually, Fox and News Corp get acquired by Liberty Media since they have too many shares in the companies.

Long story short, Columbia got Disney in 1982-84.
them Sony wouldn't buy Columbia, in fact not even Coca-Cola might afford it now. Remember people in the 80's even wanted to put tariff against japan, and the toshiba/norway scandal almost destroyed the special agreements japan has at the time, the congress would block Sony here.

them Sony wouldn't buy Columbia, in fact not even Coca-Cola might afford it now. Remember people in the 80's even wanted to put tariff against japan, and the toshiba/norway scandal almost destroyed the special agreements japan has at the time, the congress would block Sony here.
What about Imageworks?

Yes. What could happen?
Sony can get Columbia as otl and they were luckier that coca cola and Hollywood helped them, anything else is pushing pausability unless Sony cease to be a japanese company and become an USA One.
I hate this fucking place love of monopolies

Ok, maybe I went too far on that one.
1701890957235.png