The Death of Russia - TL

and I imagine that there will an even bigger urge to kill Bin Laden in this timeline
Now they going to be more bloody 2000s as American invaded Middle East and even worse imagine the anti-arab sentiment in this America
We dont have to imagine it, there's a whole timeline where Uncle Osama got bombs and its as horrifying as you can imagine
Though Im looking forward to what Sorairo's unique take on this will be, as the devastation of the Russian Civil War alone one ups that timeline and whatever Bin Laden does with his nuke here is bound to be just as horrific
Sorairo-verse really like to dunk on Russia and the Middle East

Not saying I hate it but I see the patterns similar to his first TL in FOM

Not saying I hate it but I see the patterns similar to his first TL in FOM
He probably got his ideas there and decided to expand on them following a different direction

I mean who hasnt wondered how the 90s would be like if the Soviet Collapse was just as bad as everyone thought it would be?

And at least here it gets to receive its proper focus instead of being just a secondary thing happening on the background of Mussolini's Fascist World

He probably got his ideas there and decided to expand on them following a different direction

I mean who hasnt wondered how the 90s would be like if the Soviet Collapse was just as bad as everyone thought it would be?

And at least here it gets to receive its proper focus instead of being just a secondary thing happening on the background of Mussolini's Fascist World
Now especially switch only primarily it's the collapse of Russia and the American destroyed the Middle East and the World general will be a secondary focus in the TLDR

How many nukes did Bin Laden have? I suspect that he'll be chucking it off to places that will produce for "easy casus belli" and "anti-Muslim antipathy". I suspect that they'll seek to bomb Israel at the very least to try trigger a war with the Hezbollah.

that not to say nothing of their underground sale to overseas buyers and sympathisers

How many nukes did Bin Laden have? I suspect that he'll be chucking it off to places that will produce for "easy casus belli" and "anti-Muslim antipathy". I suspect that they'll seek to bomb Israel at the very least to try trigger a war with the Hezbollah.

that not to say nothing of their underground sale to overseas buyers and sympathisers
Hopefully some country (prob Israel in Iran) finds out before it's too late, and takes them out, because bin Laden prob will try get the nukes on US soil.

What if the bribed Aniplov official gives Al-Qaeda a defective nuke? Is it possible the Soviet stockpile to deteriorate after a couple years?
It'd be down to luck. Let's say some nuke doesn't explode in like the US or Israel, and the US goes ape shit in Russia and ME. I'd really like to see how the US takes over the husk of European russia in a campaign even more impressive than the gulf war. Tbf ittl version of the US will be fucking insane as it's power would be shown to the public again and again. Prob won't help China's problems tho and we'd still see a turbulent 2020s.

Tbf I want Putin to survive if just for him to see the US take over the European bit and add it into NATO/the EU. Then he can die while the Russian citizenry abhor Russia as a concept.

The wording sounds dark but the tl's name is 'the death of Russia'. I'd think ppl will see Russia as a state as something they don't wanna see come back even if they remember what they lost fondly. Especially the Moscovites.

Also, as with FoM if DoR ppl could contact otl imagine the ittl descendant states of Russia just despair over Putin invading Ukraine.

PS: if bin Laden tries to nuke Israel we'd all say bye bye to Palestine and only a few fringe extremists will abhor the genocide, which is a bit horrifying.

Last edited:
What if the bribed Aniplov official gives Al-Qaeda a defective nuke? Is it possible the Soviet stockpile to deteriorate after a couple years?
Possible, but considering Sorairo's ominous foreshadowing I doubt Osama will get a comedic non-functional nuke crashing on his own head by the end of this

Possible, but considering Sorairo's ominous foreshadowing I doubt Osama will get a comedic non-functional nuke crashing on his own head by the end of this
Yeah. Some nukes have to explode and wipe out a bunch of ppl somewhere. I thought it'd be the Russian states nuking each other, but tbf a nuke going off on US soil would be possible. Which is horrifying.

Brylyth

Banned
Even a defective nuke would be horrible. If they can't fix it (which isn't that unlikely, they could bribe fleeing russian technicians and scientists to do it) they could still break it open and have materia for a dirty bomb.

Hell, many dirty bombs. Make a little reactor with the plutonium and breed shit like cesium and strontium and such. I think. Not a nuclear scientist and haven't really heard of anyone even looking into something like this. Probably triggered a bunch of glowie botnet surveillance shit in D.C. with this comment.

Might make a working bomb the better choice. At least then it's a one and done.

Even a defective nuke would be horrible. If they can't fix it (which isn't that unlikely, they could bribe fleeing russian technicians and scientists to do it) they could still break it open and have materia for a dirty bomb.

Hell, many dirty bombs. Make a little reactor with the plutonium and breed shit like cesium and strontium and such. I think. Not a nuclear scientist and haven't really heard of anyone even looking into something like this. Probably triggered a bunch of glowie botnet surveillance shit in D.C. with this comment.

Funny you say this because before it was revealed what the Good Ol'Commissar Vladimir's Wunderwaffen was about we were suspecting it was one or a bunch of dirty bombs and that would be a plausible explanation to how he got it if it was actually that

Or either the intelligence service could try to raise alarms and attempts to foil the deadly plot.

Stalingrad propaganda claimed it had been a gigantic success with all those who were slaughtered and captured by the Tigers referred to as the heroic dead of Moscow, bodies entombed in the rubble of the eternal city.
Honest question, do the higher-ups really believe that statement or are they simply making it up to soften the blow?

Last edited:
A so-called dirty bomb would cause panic & not much else. A ton of 239Pu is about 6x10e15 Bq, the natural radioactivity in the Russian soil is about 6x10e24 Bq. Spreading it over a small area enables avoidance or a cleanup; spreading it over a large area adds a trivial amount to background.

Based on OTL precedent, I suspect that even if Bin Laden gets away with destroying New York with a nuke... The US will ignore the Russian side and decide that this is an excellent casus belli to invade Iran for "supporting nuclear terrorism" (no, no one will care that the Shiite ayatollahs and Sunni Salafist jihadists are actually mortal enemies).

Of course, the American media will not stop repeating how fair and necessary it is to launch this "special military operation aimed at demilitarizing, denuclearizing and democratizing Iran." Israel will no doubt be more than happy to cooperate, even if it's by deploying at least one of those nuclear weapons that it doesn't officially have. In turn, "Russia" will be left to die.

At the same time, I suspect that this "Russia is left to rot" situation will serve to allow the fascist "Republic of Russians" to conquer all of European Russia (launching nukes in the process) only to consolidate itself under the leadership of a certain political commissar. out of a re-education camp and known simply as "Vladimir".

In 2022, this Russian Fuhrer decides that he has to reconquer "the greatness of Russia" and that for this he will begin by invading Ukraine in order to plunder the country, as a certain Adam Tooze postulated in a book that no one will care about in TTL anyway...