Greetings and salutations to my fine readers.

I will be working on a chapter today, which I hope to finish. If I do not, it may be a while, as my wife and I have gotten our first house, and move in three weeks from today, so as one might suspect, we're going to be quite busy. After we move in and get settled, normal operations will resume in this space. It is very exciting times for Big Bad Thad, and very heady times for Big Bad John, who is facing calmer headwinds than he expected. The next chapter will rotate around the rest of 1974.
That's great to hear! I hope the move goes well!

Greetings and salutations to my fine readers.

I will be working on a chapter today, which I hope to finish. If I do not, it may be a while, as my wife and I have gotten our first house, and move in three weeks from today, so as one might suspect, we're going to be quite busy. After we move in and get settled, normal operations will resume in this space. It is very exciting times for Big Bad Thad, and very heady times for Big Bad John, who is facing calmer headwinds than he expected. The next chapter will rotate around the rest of 1974.
Real life is more important than this. Congratulations to you and your wife.

The future of this story
It's been almost two months since the last post. I'd thought I would be back sooner, finishing my chapter, moving this love letter to the 70s along. Basking in the glory of my new house.

48 hours before the move, my mother died suddenly, in a hospital ER, my brother and I having to decide no more measures should be taken to save her. I lost my dad a long time ago, and this has wrecked me. There was so much unsaid, unasked, so many years left. And she was supposed to be our first guest here, us finally having the space for her to stay comfortably.

I've done my best, working and getting the house put together, hanging the art and the photos, building new furniture where needed, and sorting through everything in my mom's house with my brother and his wife, making the three hours drive up that was always so happy before and now felt empty. The ghosts of memory are everywhere and it's haunted my waking hours and my dreams.

I haven't any words for this tale and it saddens me. I want to write and I can't write. I want to play my guitar and an outbreak of neuropathy has made that impossible, likely brought on by overwork and stress. I want to sleep but doing so is often not restful.

I don't know when this story will return. I will do my best for it to be sooner rather than later. I am sorry I cannot offer more right now, but I am lost in so many ways. From the misty wooded views of my backyard, farewell for now.

PXL_20221029_140556843_adobe_express.jpeg

I'm so sorry to hear that, the death of a parent can send you into a real tailspin, my Father's death two years ago did but you do come out of it in time.

It's been almost two months since the last post. I'd thought I would be back sooner, finishing my chapter, moving this love letter to the 70s along. Basking in the glory of my new house.

48 hours before the move, my mother died suddenly, in a hospital ER, my brother and I having to decide no more measures should be taken to save her. I lost my dad a long time ago, and this has wrecked me. There was so much unsaid, unasked, so many years left. And she was supposed to be our first guest here, us finally having the space for her to stay comfortably.

I've done my best, working and getting the house put together, hanging the art and the photos, building new furniture where needed, and sorting through everything in my mom's house with my brother and his wife, making the three hours drive up that was always so happy before and now felt empty. The ghosts of memory are everywhere and it's haunted my waking hours and my dreams.

I haven't any words for this tale and it saddens me. I want to write and I can't write. I want to play my guitar and an outbreak of neuropathy has made that impossible, likely brought on by overwork and stress. I want to sleep but doing so is often not restful.

I don't know when this story will return. I will do my best for it to be sooner rather than later. I am sorry I cannot offer more right now, but I am lost in so many ways. From the misty wooded views of my backyard, farewell for now.

View attachment 786339
I am so sincerely sorry for your loss. Please don't feel obligated to not take the time you need to heal and mourn properly. Taking care of yourself should be the most important thing right now and I hope that things get better soon. Take all the time you need to mourn. Should you choose to return this story eventually please know that your loyal fans will be waiting patiently if you wish to return to it. If you choose to end it here that is also perfectly fine. I nor anyone would expect you to try to write out an exciting story for us AH nerds to read while going through mourning the loss of loved one. Take care of yourself @wolverinethad.

So sorry, Wolverine Thad. Sudden deaths are hard. My father’s parents died suddenly. It put the whole family n a tailspin, and some people acted strangely while in the tailspin. Take care of yourself, and as they say, may your mother’s memory be a blessing to you.

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your mother...losing a parent is so damn hard...you are an extremely talented storyteller and I've enjoyed reading everything you've written here. I hope you are able to find peace and rest through this difficult time. Take care of yourself...

So sorry to hear about this loss. Do not apologies for putting a hold on any future updates while you deal with this prefound loss. Grief comes first. Sending all my best wishes to you and your family as you deal and recover from this sad time. Please take care of yourself

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's ok to take your time to mourn, so real life comes first. The story can always take a backseat for a while.