Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
KP_2__Revenge_of_the_Yono_by_jurneejakes.jpg

KP_3__Drakken__s_Reign_by_jurneejakes.jpg

KP_Movie_4__Gemini_Rising_by_jurneejakes.jpg

More Kim Possible movies.

More French AH comics. This one from a scenario where Napoleon's father flees with his son to America to escape a Corsican blood vendetta. The elder Bonaparte joins the Continental Army and takes a bullet meant for George Washington during the crossing of the Delaware. Washington takes the orphaned Napoleon under his wing Marquis de Lafayette-style, and Napoleon ends up a full general in the Continental Army by the end of the war against Britain. But the US doesn't stop there, instead assisting Mexican revolutionaries with their struggle to liberate New Spain from its colonial masters, and Napoleon is sent to lead the campaign in Mexico.

These panels are from his conquest of Veracruz.

Pretty awesome stuff! :)

Volume 14 of Jour J has a fascist French state rise from the ashes of the First World War and start the next European war of aggression in the late 1930s instead of Germany

f5aj9nr.jpg

Volume 2 of "Jour J" has a scenario where the Red Army advances all the way to the right bank of the Seine before VE Day.

x9sg7FB.jpg

Post-war France is thus split between two successor states, one communist and the other capitalist.

ttAA5Lq.png

Paris is evenly split between communist and capitalist, with much of the city still in ruins in 1951 when the story takes place.

OGe2pkn.jpg

M14Bvo8.jpg

Notably the Eiffel Tower is destroyed and the Basilique de Sacre-Coeur in Montmartre is in ruins.

iJwZHmc.jpg

The Arc de Triomphe seems to have been rebuilt though.

8aUUEtD.jpg

I'm not sure that part of Paris can support high rises (maybe the ones furthest from the broken tower could stand). I remember watching something about the history of the city and how there were limestone quarries or something underneath the city. It would make sense. Geology would determine where heavy buildings could be built. Just look at Manhattan's skyline.

Last edited:
Knowing the USSR, they wouldn't let that stop them. It's not impossible so much as it is prohibitively expensive. You CAN dig insanely deep for foundations, after all.

I'm not sure that part of Paris can support high rises (maybe the ones furthest from the broken tower could stand). I remember watching something about the history of the city and how there were limestone quarries or something underneath the city. It would make sense. Geology would determine where heavy buildings could be built. Just look at Manhattan's skyline.

Paris underground is riddled with sewers and catacombs dating back to pre-Revolution times, the underground is like a swiss cheese, so you can't build anything too heavy on it. But I am thinking that maybe Paris was so thoroughly destroyed by the fighting during the war that they filled in all the old sewers and catacombs with concrete and rubble and that made it safe to sink deep foundations for skyscrapers.

IOTL of course, all the sky scrapers is way out in the banlieues by La Defense.

Another Jour J scenario, I forget which volume. There is no miracle on the Marne, and the Schlieffen Plan is a success, with Germans taking Paris before the end of 1914.

wGxpTtH.jpg

The British evacuate their troops from the continent, and the French capitulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.