Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Kaiser was very much a Yellow Peril believer...
Many Europeans back there were, even most of the later Entente/ Allies, who all were shocked, fearful and concearned when a Asian Power (Japan) for the first time defeated a European Power (Russia). Some historians even claim that was part of the American nagotiation offer, making sure the Japanese after their recent victories not gain even more of the Russian Far East and China...

Yeah, the Kaiser was very much a Yellow Peril believer...

There was almost impossible to find someone European/American who wouldn't had believed to Yellow Peril BS. Almost all were complete racist even they who were liberals/left-wingers. Left even was very supportive to colonialism. Wilhelm II wasn't unusually racist on his time.

Amendment: he was unusually hot and bothered about it, just like cousin Nicky, only worse.

Edit: to the effect of exchanging telegrams with Nicky IOTL talking about how Russia will be saving the white race by defeating Japan or some shit iirc.

Edit 2: also, the Hun Speech. I rest my case.

Last edited:
9F085QRu_o.jpg

The Treaty of Verdun divided the Frankish realm among the three surviving grandsons of Charlemagne. It was concluded after three years of familial strife between the siblings and was the first of such treaties which led to the dissolution of the Carolingian Empire. Eventually these constituent parts of the empire went on to evolve into the kingdoms of the High Medieval Period.

The manner in which the territories were divided was mostly based upon two previous treaties. The Divisio Regnorum (806) and the Ordinatio imperii (817), these where attempts to settle the inheritance after the death of the monarch according to Salic Law. In the end, both inheritance arrangements came to naught, as the situation changed when the monarch passed.

After the death of Louis, his eldest son Lothair tried to claim the entirety of the Empire. In response his siblings forged an alliance and defeated him at the Battle of Fontenoy (841). Both this and the Oaths of Strasbourg (842), forced Lothair to seek rapprochement with his siblings. At Verdun, all warring parties sat down and hammered out an agreement.

Lothair received the Northern portion of the realm and was confirmed as emperor by his brothers, even if it was only nominal. Louis was confirmed as king of Bavaria and received Allemania and Italy. Charles received the Southern kingdom which included Aquitaine and Burgundy. After the death of Lothair his portion of the empire would be further divided among his sons.
I don't know when the High German Consonant Shift expanded further north after starting in the Upper German dialects, but if contact can be severed enough between the Frankish states, then I could see Thuringian and maybe Middle And East Franconian not taking part of it.

There was almost impossible to find someone European/American who wouldn't had believed to Yellow Peril BS. Almost all were complete racist even they who were liberals/left-wingers. Left even was very supportive to colonialism. Wilhelm II wasn't unusually racist on his time.
Unusually? perhaps not, but racist enough for it to make Edward VII uncomfortable enough to publicly criticize him for it.

Political Blocs LCD.gif

An Alien Space Bat tells the leader of a tiny island in the Baltic how to win two back-to-back impossible wars, but said leader forgets that administration is an important part of the post-war experience. Shenanigans ensue.

I doubt that Wallonia would be straight up added to the German confederation. It's more likely that, like the Kingdom of Hungary and Galicia-Lodomeria, it forms the parts outside the Confederation of a member state.
Sounds reasonable but it’s not my map, so IDK the lore

In this TL, in 1815 at the Congress of Vienna, we took better account of the ethnic aspirations in this region, consequently, we brought together the Dutch speakers under the same state, while the Walloons were gathered in Luxembourg to form as a state rump. And the equivalent of the holy empire did not want to take a hand in this region rich in resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.