As always when it comes to discussions around the German flag, I will suggest the old hre banner i.e. a black double headed eagle on a golden base. :D

I like a Nordic cross-style flag with a black cross outlined in red on a gold/yellow field.
base it on the dutch naval pennant, just with german colours ;)
260px-Naval_Jack_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png

bit of a late edit: the flag would look like this
german alt flag.png

Last edited:

Garrison

Donor
“An unexpected surge in use. Have you heard of the Porsche plans for a cheaper car aimed at the middle class? If they go forward and succeed with it, we might see twice the cars in just two years’ time.”
So a more rational version of the Volkswagen, but probably not called that.

and on top of that, porsche automotive does not exist yet, at this stage it is still a design company that designs for others.
Does me using them make sense then? I figured that their first major foray into their own automotive brand would be with an attempt to sell a more middle-class car, but I am not entirely sure. I could always change it to Benz or even have it come from Austria or Czechia

Garrison

Donor
Does me using them make sense then? I figured that their first major foray into their own automotive brand would be with an attempt to sell a more middle-class car, but I am not entirely sure. I could always change it to Benz.
I can see Porsche deciding to have a go, might end up having to make an alliance with an existing carmaker.

I can see Porsche deciding to have a go, might end up having to make an alliance with an existing carmaker.
Likely. I mean it would hardly be the first time small fry had a good idea, tried, failed and partnered up with one of the big boys to get it into production. Also absent the extreme military build up this time (I mean they are rebuilding but not to the unsustainable levels Hitler did) it might actually get onto the mass market in the late 30's rather than 40's this time.

Last edited:
Does me using them make sense then? I figured that their first major foray into their own automotive brand would be with an attempt to sell a more middle-class car, but I am not entirely sure. I could always change it to Benz or even have it come from Austria or Czechia
yes, you could use benz or skoda

just look at this skoda - does it look familiar?

or you you could write something like 'did you see the new Porsche design for AutoUnion?'
they are still too small for that, they only moved from Austria to Stuttgart a few years before.

Last edited:
Speaking of cars, if this TL ever has cultural updates, we could have there be a focus on Motorsport as the Germans were dominant in motorsports in the 1930s and all that.

Speaking of cars, if this TL ever has cultural updates, we could have there be a focus on Motorsport as the Germans were dominant in motorsports in the 1930s and all that.
I will have to look into that as I know very little about it. But if you have ideas, or even want to write a bit about it yourself (since I won't have time to cover every facet of the new cultural nuances) feel free to send them to me.

In fact, that goes for everyone who might have ideas about a more specific or possibly niche cultural or social phenomenon which would be different--not just for Germany, either. Feel free to send me your ideas and provide me the relevant facts and explanations for your proposed divergences and I will do my best to incorporate them, as long as they dont conflict with a pre-existing plan of mine. I would love to have a chapter or two dedicated to the major ground-level divergences, similar to the segment from a few chapters ago about film and youth organisations, and ideas are welcome!

Last edited:
In fact, that goes for everyone who might have ideas about a more specific or possibly niche cultural or social phenomenon which would be different--not just for Germany, either. Feel free to send me your ideas and provide me the relevant facts and explanations for your proposed divergences and I will do my best to incorporate them, as long as they dont conflict with a pre-existing plan of mine. I would love to have a chapter or two dedicated to the major ground-level divergences, similar to the segment from a few chapters ago about film and youth organisations, and ideas are welcome!
perks up

Did someone say Culture?!

While I can't see L-W or the other conservatives liking German Expressionism/Dada/New Objectivity or other "degenerate art," they likely won't go out of their way to eradicate them either. So no brain drain to America.