Wolfenstein: New World Order

At the end of the campaign, everything you did feels more like pissing in the wind than anything else.

It's not like Deathshead is the ONLY fucking scientist the Nazis have, or his facility is their ONLY research facility.

BJ gets his revenge and his little rampage was ultimately just a wounded animal thrashing about as it lay cornered. The Nazis are still in control. They're probably going to remain in control. If something serious actually starts up? Well, the Nazis also have a 2.5 Kilometer Death Ray floating about in Earth's orbit.

At the end of the campaign, everything you did feels more like pissing in the wind than anything else.

It's not like Deathshead is the ONLY fucking scientist the Nazis have, or his facility is their ONLY research facility.

BJ gets his revenge and his little rampage was ultimately just a wounded animal thrashing about as it lay cornered. The Nazis are still in control. They're probably going to remain in control. If something serious actually starts up? Well, the Nazis also have a 2.5 Kilometer Death Ray floating about in Earth's orbit.
Sounds like a sequel will be coming ...

That's kind of an issue with fiction in general: massive organizations that span the globe/galaxy/multiverse/whatever seem to have far less resources at their disposal then you would think. Mostly because it's more dramatic to defeat one badguy whom embodies the regime then actually having to go kill the possibly thousands of Nazi scientists around the world.

I don't know how seriously one wishes to take it . . . But I can't help but look at the following video as "proof" that, in the end, you weren't actually able to accomplish anything more than petty acts of revenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnioYhknoR8

We conquered the World and the Moon said with pride . . . Talking about the 60s in the past-tense . . . The Nazi regime is clearly going strong decades after the events of New Order.

Also . . . If you scroll down the page I'm about to put a link to, you can hear more alternate versions of 60s music than the 3 songs you can find in Wolfenstein itself.

http://www.wolfenstein.com/en-us/site

You know, just in case you haven't been to the official site.

Is the final boss still Robo-Hitler?

It's Robo-Deathshead. Spoilers. Actually he's not part robot, Deathshead is piloting a mech suit though he is a shout-out to Robo-Hitler in which he even shouted Hitler's "Die, Allied schweinehund!".

The plot is interesting, but still has some flaws. Though still enjoyable. The ancient tech seemingly based off from Assassin's Creed does seem necessary to HAVE IT alongside what those Wacky Nazis had with the super-science and occult, and THOSE were not that strange enough regarding to super-soldier mutants, zombies, otherworldly ghosts, and space & time altering talismans that B.J. had encountered. The Nazi finding ancient technology shtick is probably based on the Nazis' real-life attempt in finding "Aryan civilizations", namely among others Atlantis. The one thing that Wolfenstein needs is some actual aliens and UFOs thrown into the mix.

Frankly, before The New Order was released, I thought there would be time travel involved that may have explained for Deathshead's source for the Nazi tech and would have been the main problem solver in stopping Deathshead and "setting the past right".

I can second guess that Nazi Germany had the manpower for using the tech to goose stepped across America and Asia is because they have some cloning technology for making the army of Supersoldats and other cannon fodders, such as robot armies. Deathshead's Supersoldat experiments on the Moon may provide some hints to that. It was something that the Nazi news press are not telling the whole story other than bits of historical plot pieces that the players has to look and find.

Last edited:
Didn't the game end with the resistance escaping via helicopter?

I'd guess now that Deathshead is dead they will set about actually destroying the Nazi state possible hijacking that super death ray or maybe tracking down other vaults.

Of course wasn't what they were after a way to destroy those insta cities that the Nazis built their Reich around? Every one of their cities dying in a few weeks would probably set them back a ways.

Faeelin

Banned

He was the lead one, and his HQ is destroyed. You also destroyed the monitor in London, and have a nuclear submarine.

He was the lead one, and his HQ is destroyed. You also destroyed the monitor in London, and have a nuclear submarine.

Also since Set is still alive, the resistance probably also still has access to Da'at Yichud technology.

I just wonder if, in the inevitable DLC, (Someone still has to take care of that orbital weapon platform ;) ) you play as a surviving BJ, Anya or Suit-Caroline.

I figured it'd be just a fun, gory romp into alt-history Nazi killing...and this f**king game actually managed to enrage me (in terms of what happens in the game's plot, not crappy game coding itself...bear in mind, I'm not a regular gamer). As a result, I've noticed some sick tendencies of mine whilst playing the game already. Should I be worried?

I do like how the gameplay is more "old school" and avoids things like full-health regeneration or cover-based shooting, and brings back lean-and-shoot and akimbo gunplay :D.

I got the game on PS3 a several hours ago, and like it much better than any other alt-hist games I've played before. I like the fact that they didn't emulate CoD, I like the lean and overcharge mechanics, and of course I like killing Nazi Scum. The two gripes I have are occasionally muddy textures, and the story. As for my difficulty setting: I AM DEATH INCARNATE! (also I'm not very far)

Something interesting I noticed since it was first revealed. In Pre-release screenshots the posters in the London Nautica said 'Next stop, Mars!' but in the retail version, they all say Venus. Maybe it was changed because Mars is the setting for Doom?

What is the difference between the two timelines?

Not a whole lot really. 2 characters are replaced, altered dialogue and some altered paths.

Regarding the Occult, the 2 earlier games implied that Deathshead hated the Occult, and he only worked with them because he was ordered to.

It makes sense why they wouldn't be in this Nazi future.

I noticed in all the newspaper articles in the game, only one leader is ever mentioned by name, Stalin, and they say hes missing, Germany leadership suspecting he was killed by his own men.

Any other newspaper just uses the words 'leader' 'chairman' 'president' etc.

Props to them using some sort of Horton 229 inspired design in the opening mission. It doesn't appear to be exact, but it is a flying wing and the engines are roughly in the same spot.

If you listen to the songs, they have lots of English words, and the Nazis still seem to use English when speakign to non-Germans, making it seem like America has become quite powerful in the New Order.

That is probably more for the player then the actual story.

Last edited:
Timeline differences, other than choosing whether Fergus or Wyatt lives?

Fergus Timeline you get the ability to bypass electronic locks via hotwiring.

Wyatt Timeline you get the ability to bypass mechanical locks with lockpicks.

Though I personally don't think this makes a lot of sense . . . While you can justify the Fergus Timeline as BJ simply never acquiring lockpicks, as Wyatt is the one to give them to BJ in the Wyatt Timeline . . . There's literally no reason that BJ shouldn't be able to hot wire things in the Wyatt Timeline. He doesn't require any special tools or anything. Just his knife and his hands. (And he always has a knife and his hands.)

In the Fergus Timeline, you find Health Upgrades. These permanently increase your Maximum Health. (Up to 200.)

In the Wyatt Timeline, you find Armor Upgrades. These permanently increase the value of Armor Pickups. (When you get them all, Armor Pickups are worth double what they were when you didn't have any upgrades.)

In the Fergus Timeline, one of the members of the Resistance is an insane woman named Tekla that's mostly obsessed with statistics. She's a little bit of a bitch. (I didn't like her at first, but she grew on me.)

In the Wyatt Timeline, instead of Tekla, you meet a guy named J that mostly just plays the guitar and does drugs. He's apparently supposed to be Jimi Hendrix, and his face is really fucked up. (He hides an assload of scar tissue behind a bandanna.)

Honestly . . . While he's usually pretty nice, I prefer Tekla and what goes down with her over the stuff with J. I also think the Health Upgrades are more useful than the Armor Upgrades.

So yeah, first run through? I'd strongly recommend you save Fergus and let Wyatt die.

----------------------

And yeah . . . Stalin is the only leader explicitly named in a newspaper clipping.

Hitler gets mentioned once by a guard that says, "Heil Hitler!"

In the same scene, you learn that one of the Robot Dogs is named Blondie.

Beyond that, as mentioned, they only ever refer to world leaders by their title.

------------------------

Also, even though he'll probably live through the power of sheer bullshit, I'd actually prefer it if BJ died at the end.

Deathshead's arm, head, and part of his torso was fucking obliterated by that grenade.

The way he was holding it, the grenade was closer to BJ's head and torso when it went off than it was Deathshead's head and torso. (Plus, BJ's guts were totally spilling out.)

And yeah . . . Stalin is the only leader explicitly named in a newspaper clipping.

Hitler gets mentioned once by a guard that says, "Heil Hitler!"

In the same scene, you learn that one of the Robot Dogs is named Blondie.

Beyond that, as mentioned, they only ever refer to world leaders by their title.

Hitler is mentioned in a few concept art descriptions.

Some people think J is Jimi Hendrix because he plays his guitar left handed plus apparently he plays some Jimi tunes. I don't know any of his songs other then Watchtower, so I wouldn't know.