WI: Antilles never separated?

What if the island formations known as the Greater and Lesser Antilles never separated into the many islands it exists as today? Would the Caribbean Sea still be a sea? What would the climate of this new land be, like Mexico? When would this happen and how would it affect the Future?

800px-CaribbeanIslands.png

Heh, for a moment there I thought maybe this was a Star Wars WI:...as to the actual topic, not a freakin' clue, lol.

At some point the islands were united ? :confused:. Especially the Lesser Antilles, which are of volcanic or coral origin, never were united. So even if somehow the Greater antilles were still united (to what? Florida is a piece of the African plate stranded, different plates movement would affect also Florida, maybe Yucatan, but again...), the Caribbean would never been closed.

Anyway I guess the climate would be pretty much the same ( the strip of land would be too thin to make a difference), don't know if this scenario would effect the Mexican gulf corrent ( which has effect on the north european climate).

At some point the islands were united ? :confused:. Especially the Lesser Antilles, which are of volcanic or coral origin, never were united. So even if somehow the Greater antilles were still united (to what? Florida is a piece of the African plate stranded, different plates movement would affect also Florida, maybe Yucatan, but again...), the Caribbean would never been closed.

Anyway I guess the climate would be pretty much the same ( the strip of land would be too thin to make a difference), don't know if this scenario would effect the Mexican gulf corrent ( which has effect on the north european climate).

They were united during the ice age. So we have to keep the ocean about 20-30 meters lower than today and this will be possible.

So no end of the Ice Age? seem improbable, that thing is a cycle.

mmh, a permanent Ice Age would be no civilizations of Europe, or at least just in the southermost areas. Sahara would be greener, the migrations pattern would be completely different...

So no end of the Ice Age? seem improbable, that thing is a cycle.

mmh, a permanent Ice Age would be no civilizations of Europe, or at least just in the southermost areas. Sahara would be greener, the migrations pattern would be completely different...

No end of the Ice Age sounds awesome.