USSR Blitzkreig

Putting aside the fact that I spelled the title wrong, how possible is this map? I'm basing this on Red Army: A Novel of Tommorow's War by Ralph Peters, but +10 or so years.

Commie Blitz.png

I'd say you have everything correct. At the end of Red Army the Soviets control the FGR, however I wonder if they would allow Germany to become whole under the GDR? I see the GDR given some authority over FGR but it remains under Soviet occupation, this way the threat of a reunitied Germany can't come back (In their minds).

I wonder what happens to NATO? It quite possibly could be dead since it failed in its mission. Are US forces in France now? I'd think that North Korea makes play for the South sometime during or after World War III. The ROKs have to be a little shaken since the US didn't save Germany.

Plus been a while since I read Red Army, did they attack on any other fronts? Prehasp parts of Norway or Greece are under Soviet control?

Let the North Koreans take South Korea too.
With the US preoccupied in Europe, North Korea would have very few hesitations not to act.

Let the North Koreans take South Korea too.
With the US preoccupied in Europe, North Korea would have very few hesitations not to act.

But the South Koreans have a big army, too. Japan wouldn't stand back for long in that scenario, either - and if anything, losing Germany would make the Americans doubly determined to hang on to South Korea, France and the Benelux countries. And in any war, the generally accepted principle was that if the Russians went west, the Chinese would almost certainly go north.

The Soviets would almost certainly storm south towards the Persian Gulf in this war, too.

Ummm... is there a reason that Slovakia (shown separately from the Czech Republic), Romania & Bulgaria aren't shown in red as well?
Also why the light pink for the UK? Are we supposed to be a friendly neutral in the same sense as Finland? I can't see the US letting that happen even after the defeat on the continent & wouldn't our nuclear deterent & geographical location allow the UK at least at much chance of staying free of Soviet dominance as the French?

Yes, N. Korea did attack the South, but it didn't work out. NATO did break up, but the Soviets signed a non-agression pact with the U.K. and France. The U.S., seeing as we then hated Russia even more, refused.
Of course, some nations did turn to democracy. (not to sure bout Indonesia.....) I'll try to fix the map, and the Soviets'll even have their own Gulf War! (possibly...)

BTW, since it's based on Red Army, Leonid becomes a blues sensation throught America and Europe, but is most popular in, of course, the USSR.

But the South Koreans have a big army, too. Japan wouldn't stand back for long in that scenario, either - and if anything, losing Germany would make the Americans doubly determined to hang on to South Korea, France and the Benelux countries. And in any war, the generally accepted principle was that if the Russians went west, the Chinese would almost certainly go north.

The Soviets would almost certainly storm south towards the Persian Gulf in this war, too.

With the US occupied in Western Europe, Japan would be very hesitant to open a new front in Asia, if the USSR didn't start shooting at them.
If the North Koreans manage to break through South of Seoul while the war in Germany is still ongoing, then the Americans are in deep trouble. I doubt that they would try to stop the Koreans. Nuking them is probably not an option either.
I don't think the Chinese would go North. They know that the USSR can't stop them, not now when they are busy in Europe. Which means that if China goes North, then the USSR has to use nukes on them.
And that would be very nasty.
The 1980s nuclear arsenal of the USSR would devastate China, China could't seriously hurt the USSR on the other hand.