Early 2003 Overview
Suicide bombing kills 23 in Tel Aviv[1]
-CNN

Air Midwest Flight 5481 crashes, killing all 21 passengers and crew members, including injuring 1 person on the ground[2]
-CBS News

Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrates, killing all 7 astronauts[3]
-ABC News

US Secretary of State Colin Powell discusses an military invasion of Iraq to the Bush administration and the United Nations[4]
-The New Yorker

Major global anti-war protests takes place across the world in response to US/US allies plans to invade Iraq and overthrow Saddam Hussein[5]
-BBC News

6.8M earthquake strikes Xinjiang kills 257 people[6]
-ReliefWeb.net

George W. Bush gives Saddam Hussein an ultimatum to leave Iraq within 48 hours[7]
-CNN

The Iraq War begins[8]
-The New York Times

The rule of Saddam Hussein ends[9]
-The New York Times

- All the links are numbered.

You’re welcome!

Just keep putting your all into your work!
Thanks for the encouragement!

For this post, I decided to make it a bit more......grounded and more into non-pop culture events from OTL. You'll be seeing a bit more of these kinds alongside the other stuff.

Well, other than All Grown Up!, basically NO new Nicktoons will premiere..........MLAATR is now going to be on Fox Kids(SPOILER ALERT: Rob Renzetti gets the rights to MLAATR and takes it to Fox, where he was already working on another animated series)

Romeo!, The LOL Factor and Bill's Peanut Butter Jelly Time Show will premiere, and the latter two, spoiler alert, but those, as well as a earlier version of Zoey 101 are gonna be the last shows Dan-u-know-who makes........

Tensions will be high throughout BOTH Viacom and TimeWarner by the end of the year(requires a article @THEKINGFISH217, but you won't need to do it for at least a week or two).

Les Moonves will strike down ANYTHING related to Star Trek, as well as UPN's new hit Saturday Morning series Lydia of Naturi, thus resulting in that show's studio shopping the show elsewhere.....

SLAM!, the network's action block, will be canceled after losing Yu-Gi-Oh! Who takes the show next, it's gonna be a surprise!

Allegations of Moonves' shady behavior will come to light.

Spike Lee's lawsuit on Viacom over the launch of Spike TV gets blown to extreme proportions....................for no other reason than media loving drama........

The rest of Viacom's networks suffer drastic ratings declines........

Even the entirety of the company suffers.......

Also, nice to meet you @lukesams!
Okay....................Now for an updated version on what happens to Nickelodeon......

Romeo!, The LOL Factor, Bill's Peanut Butter Jelly Time Show, Drake & Josh, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide and Zoey 101 will all still exist and air on TEENick, but Dan Schneider will be fired when new management steps in.

Star Trek and Lydia of Naturi WILL NOT DIE!

SLAM! will go on an hiatus, but will return in 2004.

An new generation of Nicktoons will begin in 2004.

NICKELODEON WILL NOT DIE DESPITE PREVIOUS PLANS!

The Moment Is Here(January 2003)
(JUDGE #1)

"And now, for the final votes.........."

{VOTES ARE FINALIZED}

(JUDGE #2)

"Sorry guys, looks like the merger can't happen. You two together would be too big and we're still dealing with the Viacom scandal right now. Sorry, we really wanted the deal to go through, but perhaps it just isn't meant to be".

(MICHAEL EISNER)

"Damnit, I'm so screwed now"......

(UNIVERSAL'S PRESIDENT)

"Welp, looks like we're dead.........That damn French company should have sold us to Diller while we could.."​

(LES MOONVES)

"YES!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! IT WORKED!!! IT WORKED!!!!!"

(Secretary)

"Boss, this is ridiculous, nothing you did work.......They're gonna find out about what you did to the real judge who had the REAL final answer"

(MR. AND MS. REDSTONE)

"YOU DUMBASS YOU'RE GONNA GET US IN PRISON!!!!!"

(LES MOONVES)

"Oh.............."

(HERB SCANDELL)

"GUYS, QUICK, YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS"

(MR. REDSTONE)

"WHAT IS IT"

(HERB SCANDELL)

"Oh boy.....how do I say this, but just..........turn to Nickelodeon RIGHT NOW........IF YOU DARE......"

...........................................​

So basically, yeah, the Disney-Universal merger finalization thing was sabotaged and it looks like something VERY BAD is on Nickelodeon....

What is it? Find out next chapter.

On the other hand, I started a new TL. It's called "Ohayo Tokyo".

Check it out now!

(JUDGE #1)

{VOTES ARE FINALIZED}

(JUDGE #2)

"Sorry guys, looks like the merger can't happen. You two together would be too big and we're still dealing with the Viacom scandal right now. Sorry, we really wanted the deal to go through, but perhaps it just isn't meant to be".

(MICHAEL EISNER)

(UNIVERSAL'S PRESIDENT)

"Welp, looks like we're dead.........That damn French company should have sold us to Diller while we could.."​

(LES MOONVES)

(Secretary)

"Boss, this is ridiculous, nothing you did work.......They're gonna find out about what you did to the real judge who had the REAL final answer"

(MR. AND MS. REDSTONE)

(LES MOONVES)

"Oh.............."

(HERB SCANDELL)

(MR. REDSTONE)

"WHAT IS IT"

(HERB SCANDELL)

"Oh boy.....how do I say this, but just..........turn to Nickelodeon RIGHT NOW........IF YOU DARE......"

So basically, yeah, the Disney-Universal merger finalization thing was sabotaged and it looks like something VERY BAD is on Nickelodeon....

Check it out now!
Wow that’s a shame

(JUDGE #1)

{VOTES ARE FINALIZED}

(JUDGE #2)

(MICHAEL EISNER)

(UNIVERSAL'S PRESIDENT)

(LES MOONVES)

(Secretary)

(MR. AND MS. REDSTONE)

(LES MOONVES)

"Oh.............."

(HERB SCANDELL)

(MR. REDSTONE)

"WHAT IS IT"

(HERB SCANDELL)

Check it out now!
You know this is starting to put my Theory on that whole who's The guy threatening redacted by the end of the 2002 in review thing into question

The more shit Viacom does ITTL, the more I want their comeuppance to happen

Hopefully something good happens with Disney and Universal

Kid-Vid as of Early 2003
Oh yeah, BTW, as of Early 2003, the following is the order in terms of popularity of the major kid/animation channels.

1. Cartoon Network
  2. Disney Channel
  3. Fox Family
  4. Nickelodeon
  5. Animax
  6. Universal Kids
At this point, Cartoon Network is still airing all of their originals and the network is largely the same as around this time period in our world, but here, Toonami remains a three-hour block. This is the block's new schedule starting on March 17th ITTL:

4:00PM: Reboot
4:30PM: G Gundam
5:00PM: Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters
5:30PM: Dragon Ball Z
6:00PM: Yu Yu Hakusho
6:30PM: Desert Wrath

And Toonami will begin airing on Saturday nights starting March 15th from 7PM until 2AM with this schedule:

7:00PM: Dragon Ball
7:30PM: Yu-Gi-Oh!
8:00PM: Legend of the Mystical Ninja
8:30PM: The Zeta Project
9:00PM: Reboot: Critical Saviors
9:30PM: Samurai Jack
10:00PM: Justice League
11:00PM: .hack//SIGN
11:30PM: G Gundam
12:00AM: Batman: The Animated Series
12:30AM: Superman: The Animated Series
1:00AM: ThunderCats
1:30AM: Superfriends

As for Adult Swim, it's still rising as in OTL, even with Futurama and Family Guy, but in terms of anime, other than Cowboy Bebop and Saber Marionette J, Adult Swim is lacking a real anime staple, however, that's set to change when Rurouni Kenshin premieres on March 17th.

Disney Channel is largely as is during this time period IOTL, but the network now has a new afterschool animation block being helmed by Zoids, Railpunchers is still expected to premiere this summer, while Playhouse Disney has experienced increased success due to Hamtaro and XYZ is a surprise hit with Inuyasha becoming the channel's most popular shows with teenagers despite initial thoughts it'd be edited to hell and back, the show has actually been kept at largely Adult Swim-level edits, but with a few edits here adn there in terms of violence and language. Clone High has been warped in controversy over the depiction of Ghandi, however, it's been announced that Clone High will still be renewed for a second season with Ghandi being revealed to be a different character completely. Jetix is largely still airing on weekend afternoons. That's So Raven! recently premiered, and it's already a huge hit.

Fox Family has went through a recent surge in ratings and popularity with shows such as Totally Spies!, Buffy: The Animated Slayer Chronicles and My Life as a Teenage Robot. In addition, the network is also expected to debut several new shows this year such as Mina and the Count, Phineas and Ferb, Detective Conan and more. There are also rumors of Scott Fellows developing several new series for the network, as well as a deal for a new series starring former Nickelodeon stars Drake Bell and Josh Peck.

Nickelodeon, despite tanking ratings, relevancy and popularity, has had a bit of a ratings increase with Jimmy Neutron, however, don't expect THAT to last long AT ALL!

Animax, which is just starting to find a audience, doesn't really have much "to see" content at the moment other than some anime that airs in a good timeslot, but in the next few years, expect this network to become a bigger name.

Universal Kids isn't up to much, of course, at the moment, both Disney and Universal are trying to reassess what to do with Vivendi already looking for other buyers of Universal, which includes General Electric, Comcast, TimeWarner, Sony, MGM and even DreamWorks.

Overall, it's a fight out here, but one that Universal Kids and Animax aren't really factored in much yet and Nickelodeon, once considering the king of ALL of cable TV, now fading out and Fox Family and Disney Channel finding new favor and Cartoon Network is taking full advantage of.

Wow that’s a shame
Yes indeed.
You know this is starting to put my Theory on that whole who's The guy threatening redacted by the end of the 2002 in review thing into question

You'll not be surprised, but you'll be shocked..........
The more shit Viacom does ITTL, the more I want their comeuppance to happen
EXACTLY!
Hopefully something good happens with Disney and Universal
Oh trust me, I think you'll like what I have planned.