TL-191: After the End

At least the German Empire here is a realistic mini-Empire and not “LOL Germany gobbles up Central Africa like it’s on a starvation diet”. Kudos to David for this attempt at realism.

At least the German Empire here is a realistic mini-Empire and not “LOL Germany gobbles up Central Africa like it’s on a starvation diet”. Kudos to David for this attempt at realism.

Yeah. At least Germany is not keeping half of Europe as its puppets like pretty often seen. Altough I don't see annexation of Belgium very likely or even needful for Germany. But on some reason DbE has decided go with that way. And personally I would had gone further with decolonisation of Africa and given independence at least for Ivory Coast, Namibia and Botswana. Perhaps for Sierra Leone too.

It’s David’s unique take on the TL191 franchise. I like it for it is. Also to note: the Fourth Pacific War segments were written when Adam was in America. That makes it the most American segment of this entire TL.

So, a few questions

1. What’s the overall world population by 2020? Just a rough estimate will do.

2. Follow up on that, what’s climate change look like ITTL: better or worse? Is the energy industry significantly different than OTL?

3. I’m curious how many Confederate SGW veterans ended up in the U.S. Armed Forces postwar, as many German WWII veterans joined the postwar armies of both Germanys. I doubt you’d see generals and high ranking officers signing up, but I imagine there would probably be some enlisted men who would sign up when they were eligible.

So, a few questions

1. What’s the overall world population by 2020? Just a rough estimate will do.

2. Follow up on that, what’s climate change look like ITTL: better or worse? Is the energy industry significantly different than OTL?

3. I’m curious how many Confederate SGW veterans ended up in the U.S. Armed Forces postwar, as many German WWII veterans joined the postwar armies of both Germanys. I doubt you’d see generals and high ranking officers signing up, but I imagine there would probably be some enlisted men who would sign up when they were eligible.

By 2024, the world population is just over seven billion people. The overall population of this world is the result of several devastating 20th Century wars, as well as lower rates of population growth compared to our world. More nations compared to our world have gone through a demographic transition as they became economically wealthier.

Bharat has the highest population of any nation in the world, followed by China.

The population of the United States is at just over 300 million people.

-
By 2024, the effects of climate change have become more pronounced, in terms of erratic or extreme weather patterns, compared to our world. This is because more nations around the world industrialized during the 20th Century compared to our world.

One difference in the energy industry in 2024 compared to our world is that nuclear power is more extensive in different nations.

The energy industry in different nations also developed closer ties with different national governments during the 20th Century because of the needs of different militaries and their associated industries. However, the energy industry, like other kinds of companies, is not in a position to really dictate terms to governments. The assumptions in different nations in 2024 include the belief that companies exist to serve the interests of the state, and not the other way around.

-
After the end of the Second Great War, there were some Confederate military veterans who served in the US military, including during the Fourth Pacific War. I don’t have exact numbers of how many Confederate veterans served in the US military during the late 20th Century.

What was Raymond Pinkard life like before the OASS agent took his life? Did he still believe his father innocent or accepted? Did he continue the Pinkard bloodline with a Rhodesian woman before 1968 assassination?

By 2024, the world population is just over seven billion people. The overall population of this world is the result of several devastating 20th Century wars, as well as lower rates of population growth compared to our world. More nations compared to our world have gone through a demographic transition as they became economically wealthier.

Bharat has the highest population of any nation in the world, followed by China.

The population of the United States is at just over 300 million people.

-
By 2024, the effects of climate change have become more pronounced, in terms of erratic or extreme weather patterns, compared to our world. This is because more nations around the world industrialized during the 20th Century compared to our world.

One difference in the energy industry in 2024 compared to our world is that nuclear power is more extensive in different nations.

The energy industry in different nations also developed closer ties with different national governments during the 20th Century because of the needs of different militaries and their associated industries. However, the energy industry, like other kinds of companies, is not in a position to really dictate terms to governments. The assumptions in different nations in 2024 include the belief that companies exist to serve the interests of the state, and not the other way around.

-
After the end of the Second Great War, there were some Confederate military veterans who served in the US military, including during the Fourth Pacific War. I don’t have exact numbers of how many Confederate veterans served in the US military during the late 20th Century.
Let's hope that this means that environmentalism and climate change and the need to do something about it became a significant political issue earlier than it did in our timeline.

If that's the case, I'm guessing that this timeline was either significantly contributed to by sheep, or the sheep had a hoof in writing it, since BAAAAAAA ~harat happens to be their absolute favourite country in the world.

Can I just ask, just out of interest, is there likely to be an equivalent in this world to the Sid Meier's Civilization series of video games? The reason I ask is that, even as I speak, I have the fourth game in that series running on my PC. [I also assume that, like me, you are a lover of history]

Since the Russian Revolution obviously didn't have the world shattering consequences it went on to have in our universe, how would it be remembered in this timeline?

What was Raymond Pinkard life like before the OASS agent took his life? Did he still believe his father innocent or accepted? Did he continue the Pinkard bloodline with a Rhodesian woman before 1968 assassination?

Raymond Pinkard never acknowledged the truth of the crimes that had been committed by his father. He never had a family of his own.