The Death of Russia - TL

EIrGju2.png
I do concur that the author just pulled a bloody fast one on us.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what are the communist putting out in terms of insane history narratives compared to their counterparts in Petrograd?
Whatever they churn out is probably going to not surpass the warping of history carried out in Petrograd, where they literally made New Chronology the basis of history education.

Whatever they churn out is probably going to not surpass the warping of history carried out in Petrograd, where they literally made New Chronology the basis of history education.
They can try,

overall though, imagine being born in the Soviet Union a few years before the fall and learning about the world through a communist lens and suddenly getting that thrown out during the early 1990s and then having the system once against destroyed and replaced by a narrative that looks like it came out of a conspiracy theory discussion board.
Any kid born in the1980s is gonna have had some pretty bizarre whiplash in regard to what they are being thought with some pretty weird idea being developed.

Last edited:
Now being pictured: my lifespan shrinking about that...
I'm not the only one hearing the ominous ticking of a clock right now, with what I mentioned about Shaf commenting that, at the very least, no one has claimed Alexei is still somehow alive when hearing of the insane pseudo-history promoted by the likes of Fomenko and Dugin.

I'm not the only one hearing the ominous ticking of a clock right now, with what I mentioned about Shaf commenting that, at the very least, no one has claimed Alexei is still somehow alive when hearing of the insane pseudo-history promoted by the likes of Fomenko and Dugin.
On one hand I'm glad for that...on the other hand you know someone will claim just that.

This new update is great!!.
Russia slipping down the dark hole even more
There a Alexander conquering in the east
Russians become the IT guys instead of Indians it seems
Hot blondes rulz
And for the second time in the same century
America getting involved in another russian civil war

The Death of Russia should prompt a massive rethink in foreign policy and strategy for India, would Kargil War happen earlier or even end in a Pakistani victory?

It's insanely wild seeing Osama, Kim Jong Il, Timothy McVeigh and Vladimir Putin in the same war. And now even American troops intervene. Russia is so big that the Civil War managed to garnered as many wild factions as possible

Last edited:
When you said that refugees had moved to East Germany did you mean the eastern section of the reunited Germany or did I miss something and I'm confused for thinking East Germany still exists..... hmm..... maybe I just answered my own question `c`

When you said that refugees had moved to East Germany did you mean the eastern section of the reunited Germany or did I miss something and I'm confused for thinking East Germany still exists..... hmm..... maybe I just answered my own question `c`
I meant the section of unified Germany corresponding to historical East Germany, which has a large Russian population even OTL.

Where have the 101st Airborne flown in from?
It's a long way to Grozny from Turkey for fully loaded helicopters and you'd have to avoid the mountains. They'd need an airfield for reinforcements and resupply too.

The background, justifications and logistics of the decision are the discuussion of the next chapter.

I meant the section of unified Germany corresponding to historical East Germany, which has a large Russian population even OTL.

The background, justifications and logistics of the decision are the discuussion of the next chapter.
That sounds epic.

Speaking of changes, did Yitzhak Rabin assasination get butterflied away?
As well as whatever butterflies may affect India.

Speaking of which, the impact of the Russian Civil War on the anime/manga industry might end up lasting way longer than a few years; IRL, the only anime I'm aware of that has a Russian protagonist and Christian Orthodox flourishes thrown in for good measure is a borderline hentai that happens to feature Aya Hirano as a voice actress for some reason, but here Japan's got an independent post-Russian state just across the sea, one would surely look towards Japan for diplomatic and trade reasons, and one that's very vocal about being the last bastion of Russian civilization that's not a warlord-run hellscape.

And on the other side of the Pacific, we got Genndy Tartakovsky IRL, some more people of Russian descent might try to get into the American animation industry, too. I wonder if Genndy's OTL works might end up being somewhat darker though, especially Samurai Jack or whatever ATL equivalent it might have, with Jack being modeled after an old druzhina retainer, and the post-apocalyptic landscapes he traverses being somewhere between post-civil war Moscow and some kind of warped afterlife.

Speaking of which, the impact of the Russian Civil War on the anime/manga industry might end up lasting way longer than a few years; IRL, the only anime I'm aware of that has a Russian protagonist and Christian Orthodox flourishes thrown in for good measure is a borderline hentai that happens to feature Aya Hirano as a voice actress for some reason, but here Japan's got an independent post-Russian state just across the sea, one would surely look towards Japan for diplomatic and trade reasons, and one that's very vocal about being the last bastion of Russian civilization that's not a warlord-run hellscape.

And on the other side of the Pacific, we got Genndy Tartakovsky IRL, some more people of Russian descent might try to get into the American animation industry, too. I wonder if Genndy's OTL works might end up being somewhat darker though, especially Samurai Jack or whatever ATL equivalent it might have, with Jack being modeled after an old druzhina retainer, and the post-apocalyptic landscapes he traverses being somewhere between post-civil war Moscow and some kind of warped afterlife.
Perhaps - they'll use the gunki monogatari format more, and appropriate it for the modern stories and settings as well.

I can also imagine the 1996 NHK Taiga to be about the Onin War, being inspired by the lurid tales of disruption and starvation that both that and the Russian Civil War gave. They have had Taiheiki partly as a response to the collapse of the Warsaw Pact, after all.

Last edited: