Protect and Survive: A Timeline

After the Exchange, dosimeters will be more valuable than any gold. :D

You can nuke Wall Street, but you can not nuke the principles of capitalism.

If you have a dosimeter to spare and three strangers approach you offering either:

- 1000 US$ in cash
- property rights to a lot sized 2000m² in NYC
or
- some gold

...whom would you be inclined to deal with?

You can nuke Wall Street, but you can not nuke the principles of capitalism.

If you have a dosimeter to spare and three strangers approach you offering either:

- 1000 US$ in cash
- property rights to a lot sized 2000m² in NYC
or
- some gold

...whom would you be inclined to deal with?

Depends. Where's the lot located? Is there good parking? :D

Or you shoot all three of them, keep your goods and take the lot ;)

I said you have a dosimeter to spare. Not bullets. :p

Concerning the parking in NYC: there is loads of parking space around despite its central location, but you should rather have a 4WD.

I said you have a dosimeter to spare. Not bullets. :p

Concerning the parking in NYC: there is loads of parking space around despite its central location, but you should rather have a 4WD.

Or something more substantial with ABC protection gear and ideally caterpillars instead of wheels.

Gold has the advantage that you can wear it.

Personally, I'd prefer something a bit more useful for bartering - such as bars of soap. Lots and lots of bars of soap.

Hmm, last weekend I was in Newcastle - first time I've ever visited it. Hard to look at it the same way after re reading the early chapters of this TL.

*Holds picket sign - "We want an update, we want an update !"
Seconded!:)

For short term purposes, salt has may uses and it will be valuable even in a more destructive scenario, since it can be used in emergency temporary bartering, and can later converted in a formal currency, while in the long term, the gold will also be useful to convert in currency.

Thirded, however Jack seems to be AWOL since being kicked. I haven't heard back from him either here, or on HPCA.
Hope he's okay.

If he is I suggest it's time for us to start forming a mob. I'll bring the burning torches. :D