President John C Calhoun 1825. Who is elected in 1828?

The US election of 1824 is rather infamous for its corrupt bargain between John Quincy Adams and Henry Clay and its snubbing of Andrew Jackson, all because all three pcandidates did not want to be playing "second fiddle" as it were to each other. Supposing that the deadlock of the 1824 election continues with Jackson, Clay and Adams never reaching any sort of compromise between them, then John C Calhoun would become the sixth President of the United States (as far as I understand that is correct).

Now the next four years would quite possibly be rather tense and I would expect that 1828 election could be rather similar, the problem though is who exactly goes for the Presidency in 1828. I would suspect that Calhoun would like to run for a second term, and I would also expect that Jackson, Adams and Clay would all throw themselves into another round but given their personalities I would suspect that they would still run afowl of one another:
Jackson and Clay hate each other;
Adams and Clay are formal but stiff; Jackson and Adams are similar, but more polite (or at least were before 1824)

Calhoun at this moment is still in his Nationalist phase, but is slowly leaning towards his later ardent States rights approach and depending on how his election to the Presidency is, he may reach the states rights defender sooner.
Clay and Adams are ardent Nationalists/American System believers.
Jackson is, and could probably still align himself with his popularity like he did in OTL, only this time its against Calhoun.

Now, I would assume that unless Calhoun is able to co-opt one of them for support, he would be a one-termer. And I doubt that anyone really wants a repeat of 1824.

Curious thoughts or speculations anyone?