July 1500 - Survival of Miguel de la Paz
July 1500

King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella's great hope for the unification of all Iberian Kingdoms into one, Prince Miguel de la Paz survives a worrying sickness after he is put under the care of a "stout" converso wet-nurse who served Queen Isabella in the Alhambra. Converso milk and reputedly, Jewish 'science' save the young Prince of Portugal, Asturias and Girona.

Rules:
1. Each post should cover no more than a year, though you can go into as much detail about the events that occurred in said year.
2. No contradicting previous posts.
3. You can make reference to a butterfly that occurred in a previous year, so long as it doesn’t contradict a previous post.
4. You don’t need to cover what’s happening in every country in a year, just write about what you want to or are knowledgeable in.
5. You must wait until at least one person has posted after you before posting again.
6. You can add portraits if you wish to.
7. The posts can be formatted any way you like, for instance they can be from a characters point of view, just make sure they do not cover more than a year, or contradict a previous post in any way.
8. Avoiding the killing off whole dynasties, families or important characters randomly, or outside storyline should be avoided. Killing off old characters in unique posts is, within reason, allowed however.

Last edited:
1501 - Promises of Marriage;Relenting in the persecution of Conversos.
I would add a rule a against random killings of character too @Reyne.

Ferdinand and Isabel relents the persecution of Converso;
Mary of Aragonis bethrored to Ferdinand, Duke of Calabria.

Last edited:
I would add a rule a against random killings of character too @Reyne.

Ferdinand and Isabel relents the persecution of Converso;
Mary of Aragon Marries Ferdinand, Duke of Calabria.
Ferdinand is only thirteen at this point, not old enough to marry, according to canon law. Also I don't think Miguel surviving automatically means Manuel and María don't marry.

Ferdinand is only thirteen at this point, not old enough to marry, according to canon law. Also I don't think Miguel surviving automatically means Manuel and María don't marry.
A dispensation can be obtained, but I will edit and I think Ferdinand and Isabella would not want Manuel having another son, raised in Portugal, who could fight Miguel's right to the throne.

A dispensation can be obtained, but I will edit and I think Ferdinand and Isabella would not want Manuel having another son, raised in Portugal, who could fight Miguel's right to the throne.
They also don't have to right to deny Manuel a marriage. He's still the king of Portugal, not their servant. A princess could always be found for him.

He’s going to have another son born and raised in Portugal anyway as he’s young(ish) and will not remain a widower having only one son to inherit after him.

1501 - An union between Portugal&Austria
In January of 1501 Manuel I of Portugal marries Margaret of Austria, daughter of Maximilian, King of Romans. Margaret would become pregnant around April, announcing it to the court in July.

Last edited:
In January of 1501 Manuel I of Portugal marries Margaret of Austria, daughter of Maximilian, King of Romans. They would have four children together, John 1502, Beatriz 1504, Ferdinand 1507 and Maria 1508.
Hello, each post cannot adress more than a year so you can't, exactly, say all the children Manuel and Margaret will have. You can say that Margaret is pregnant this year.

1504 - The growth of Miguel
Miguel is growing up to be a very intelligent boy, he already speaks four languages and is known to be a great scholar. Unfortunately he is also a sickly child with fainting spells. Nowadays, modern people think he had hypoglycemia and anemia. But back then there was no cure for such illness.