Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
More like once the CCP inevitably takes leadership of the world system, the way things are going right now.
No way, Youtube keeps recommending me videos about how China is a pathetic failing state on the edge of collapse, with a lazy, disaffected and nihilistic population that couldn't care less about it. Then again it also keeps recommending me videos about how China is the single largest threat to democracy and freedom the world has ever seen sitting atop a hoard of brainless zombie followers that will do their wicked bidding, and usually by the same channels.

Jokes aside I can't see how just saying "well there would be allot of time for things to happen" suffices as an explanation, like if you had to make a map of 2500 that included an Ostrogothic Kingdom in Italy and labeled it as a "prediction for the near future" I don't think "anything could happen" is an appropriate cover.

Courtesy of u/LeoMatteoArts from Reddit, an Asia that's just a tiny bit...different.
oto66cl0cuu81.jpg
How is there a persian Gulf when there is no persia?

monarchists etc
A local-based strongman is far more amicable to the public then President-Sultan-Caliph Erdotturk.
I haven't seen the video this is specifically based on, but from other videos of WIAH's I've seen I got the impression he's using empire to mean "expansive hegemonic power" not "country ruled by an emperor".
It looks very beautiful, but should be killed with fire.
How is there a persian Gulf when there is no persia?
Some secrets are meant to stay buried.

I haven't seen the video this is specifically based on, but from other videos of WIAH's I've seen I got the impression he's using empire to mean "expansive hegemonic power" not "country ruled by an emperor".
The section of the post quoted was moreso a reference to Neo-Ottomanist ambitions of Turkish leadership rather then a suggestion that Turkey is under some form of imperial government.

Either way WIAH’s numerous hypotheses on the matter entail Ankara ruling over the entire Fertile Cresent and North-east Africa.

The best thing about this world is that Rome and China would have had some level of contact, which is about the only reason I’d wanna see a story set in it.

The worst thing about this world is that half of the world’s edible cuisines have been Thanos-snapped. None of the Indian cuisines, nothing from mainland SE Asia. A pitiable existence for this world’s tastebuds…

The geography is still there.
Hmmm. I guess the coastline is there but the interior seems different.
How is there an Atlantic Ocean when there is no Atlantis?
False equivalence, no?

If the atlantic ocean was named after a myth. It doesn't matter If there was truly a mythical land or not. It would have matter if the myth itself didn't exist.

Persian Gulf was named after a geographical region. The name can't carry when the region doesn't exist in the first place.

Last edited:
Didn't realize what felt so off about the base map... until I noticed Antarctica mysterious' disappearance. Did all the ice melt? (But then, sea levels should be rather higher... and lots of coastlines should be good 'n gone)

I suppose it's not the most eccentric thing in the map, what with the Australo-Indonesian super union, Cuba finally owning Florida... only to sell it to the US, of all people? (Unless it's a Spanish-American war type sale thingie, with heavy coercion involved), and of course... is that a Moroccan re-reconquista? (that reddish(?) color, which is usually reserved for Morocco, make it seem so, anyway). Well, they're some five hundred years late, but better late than never I suppose.
This map just doesn't contain Antarctica and New Zealand, however they are still there. Cuba annexed Florida, but they couldn't get Panama, so they figured that they would sell Florida to fund the purchase of Panama. Also, I decided to make Morocco Africa's Chile, but I guess you could say that was achieved.

Last edited:
I already posted a very similar map in the ASB section, but here is a another one that is even more ASB.
Idea is that Old Saxony doesn't break apart as much as in OTL and the name didn't migrate.
First I included the lands Saxony and the Welfish states had shortly after the break up and then simply included the lands that the Welfs got and the lands that the early Ascanians got (Before getting that huge lands that was Meißen before becoming "Saxony")
I also included the lands Brandenburg and Prussia got in Westphalia/Rhineland before that big expansion just before it got clowned down by old Nappy.

What can I say? I like by Saxony big, juicy and most importantly... where Saxony should actually be for Gods sake!
1650628082695.png

Hmmm. I guess the coastline is there but the interior seems different.
The entire planet would be so insanely different that absolutely none of these names would remain. A land that is topographically identical to China with the same shaped coastline but shifted straight into the middle east is not the same landmass either, it just has similar lines.

Last edited:
I already posted a very similar map in the ASB section, but here is a another one that is even more ASB.
Idea is that Old Saxony doesn't break apart as much as in OTL and the name didn't migrate.
First I included the lands Saxony and the Welfish states had shortly after the break up and then simply included the lands that the Welfs got and the lands that the early Ascanians got (Before getting that huge lands that was Meißen before becoming "Saxony")
I also included the lands Brandenburg and Prussia got in Westphalia/Rhineland before that big expansion just before it got clowned down by old Nappy.

What can I say? I like by Saxony big, juicy and most importantly... where Saxony should actually be for Gods sake!
View attachment 735829
So how did Saxony got hold of Berg, Kleve and the Upper Guelders ?

Status
Not open for further replies.