Map Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen

This was going to be my map for the contest until someone changed the rules overnight... :mad: :p And yes, the key is off. Several things are off, because I don't feel like fixing them now :p

Know how you feel. This is about as far as I got when I heard of the rules change. Note that I didn't get to Central America yet in terms of altering the map.

MCII2.png

Hapsburg

Banned
A very interesting map and history, but one feels it would be enhanced by the addition of a legend identifying what all those nations are.
Just check the universal key in Thande's thread. The anomalous ones should be kind of obvious as to what they are.

My brain is melting after putting all the damn text on this...
Very impressed. Until I read your notes I wondered what in the world you were feeding the Venitians, but this looks like the result of an amusing ASB timeline (Sane 14th century response to a Zombie Apololypse and all)

HTG

Hapsburg

Banned
The World, c. 1600.
postrevolution1600bu0.png

The Peasant's Revolt in Germany turns into a wide-scale revolution, and the war, which lasts ITTL from1524 to 1531, is known as the "German War of Independence", and results in the creation of a separate Confederation of the German Nation, nominally an oligarchy with a figurehead Emperor, but truly held aloft by a triumvirate of powerful government officials. After many years, more and more protestant and reformed-catholic German states, including the Netherlands, seceded from the HRE to join the Confederation.

Haps,
Way kewl map, dude.:cool: I like the earlier formation of a German nation state, as a result of a different Peasant's Revolt, very interesting idea. Q

Something from UHRE TL.....

KEY-

New Breton is (in theory) of the Baltic League (defacto independent)
Everything on the western coast is "Cathay" although their exact limit of control is a bit vague
Carolina is a French Kingdom.

....and the illustrator of the poor map is from Virginia Anne...(or one of them)

blah.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.