Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

As I recall the natpops permanently stunt Brazil's economic prospects because of their obsession with agrarianism
I played for them a week ago and I really don't remember this. I did not see any "focus" on agrarianism. Basically there is religion + decentralization + anti-racism + "great brazil" vibe + indoctrination of youth into greenshirts + population growth (+ 50%).

I mean, integralists literally don't have a national focus on agriculture, but on corporate industry ("Сorporate power" and "Christian trade unions", if I'm not mistaken)

Last edited:
I checked, they really don't have national focuses related to agrarianism.
U5hS7CL.png

As I recall the natpops permanently stunt Brazil's economic prospects because of their obsession with agrarianism, and even if they aren't racist, they are still horribly reactionary in regards to every other area of society due to their borderline theocratic beliefs.

I played for them a week ago and I really don't remember this. I did not see any "focus" on agrarianism. Basically there is religion + decentralization + anti-racism + "great brazil" vibe + indoctrination of youth into greenshirts + population growth (+ 50%).

I mean, integralists literally don't have a national focus on agriculture, but on corporate industry ("Сorporate power" and "Christian trade unions", if I'm not mistaken)

Integralism in OTL was very much about contented peasants working the land in social harmony under the benevolent eyes of the Catholic Church and a wise and paternalistic nobility and monarchy.

The clue is in focuses like "curb state power" and "true education".

By the standard of NatPop governments it's probably much more pleasant than Savinkov's Russia or Japan never mind some of the others but it's not the sort of regime where being an gay atheist woman would be terribly fun.

Last edited:
What's wrong with Natpop Brazil? As far as I remember, the Brazilian integralists unite all sections of society to achieve the goals of social and economic progress, as well as the fight against the oligarchy and syndicalism.
I mean, why do you need democracy if you are poor and without prospects. And besides, as I understand it, most afrobrazilians and indians support the integralists.

PS I agree with you that totalist Argentina and its victory over Brazil is the most damned path.
The whole message of integralism is "So, the top of the human civilization was the medieval era and we need to emulate it", as such you can quite get the vibe, I even made meme videos about this.

I don't know exactly if they abolish the parliament for good (as in, officially) and run as a absolute monarchy, due the royal decrees, or if they make an "organic" parliament like in Salazar Portugal, but we know that left wingers are completely excluded of the political life, one of their first events is to impeach left winger parliament members. Surely there is censorship, there is torture against political enemies and surely women who don't agree with the christian life are very oppressed when they try to speak out.

edit: Just saw the "Advisory parliament", well, there is an corporate parliament, but left wingers are kicked out, there is no political representation of the left inside.

What does Aid Togo and rescue the slave coast does?
Lusotropicalism, basically they are there and a bunch of ships arrive, the brazilians cite our bloods by tie and heritage from these countries and offer support, aid and recognition in exange for them being bought by brazil. I don't know exactly if this makes them allies or straight out puppets, but in both cases they are under brazilian "protection" like a mafiosi protects their friends.

Could Brazil grow to be a great power perhaps even a superpower of the Western Hemisphere in place of USA in this Kaissereich Scenario?

Three assumptions:

1.This Assumes that US is still under a Tripartite division between the CSA, AUS and the PSA and that the divisions in American society never heal.
Presumably AUS would eventually come to be dominated by Pelley and Ultraconservative White nationalist Christian Theocrats.
CSA even if not Totalist would be very authoritarian and not a nice place to live for anyone who is not a committed syndicalist.

2.Second Assumption is that the German Empire survives the Second Weltkrieg:
Even an unholy alliance between the Entente and Internationale couldn't change the fact that French Commune was a paper tiger and both the Royalist British and Union of Britain kept a significant portion of their forces at home and the British Empire had an addittional problem of Pacific and American fronts to take care off.
Most of the War on the Western Front was fought on French soil and the alliance between Entente and Internationale eventually broke down.

on the Eastern Front Nat Pop Greater Russian Republic advanced thanks to the defection of Hungary and Bulgaria to it's side as well as pro slavic revolts in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The combine forces of the Iron pact even enter Germany briefly,but then war ended on the Wesern Front and forces were shifted to the Eastern from which halted and reversed the Russian advance.
Kingdom of Italy is a German satellite state devastated by War an Social strife.
the is a devastated Natpop France regime which was created after the French Commune was overthrown in a coup. France is surrounded by enemies on all sides.
After the Second Weltkrieg the sun set on British Empire when the Invasion of the British Isles wa reppelled by Totalist mosleite regime and the Pacific War was lost to Imperial Japan.
New Zelland is a Japanese satellite.

Australian Republic is independent state having drifted away from an increasingly Ultranationalist British Empire in Exile in Canada
Being surrounded by what is essentially enemy territory Australia was forced to make compromises with Syndicalist and Foreign powers both in internal and foreign politics and the Natpop British regime in Ottawa didn't like that.

3.Finally in South America Brazil broke Argentina which was suffering from a syndicalist insurgency.
Said Syndicalist insurgency eventually expanded and threw out the Brazillian occupiers but the War nevertheless secured Brazilian dominance in South America.
Paraguay and Uruguay were turned into powerless protectorates.

Could Brazil grow to be a great power perhaps even a superpower of the Western Hemisphere in place of USA in this Kaissereich Scenario?

Three assumptions:

1.This Assumes that US is still under a Tripartite division between the CSA, AUS and the PSA and that the divisions in American society never heal.
Presumably AUS would eventually come to be dominated by Pelley and Ultraconservative White nationalist Christian Theocrats.
CSA even if not Totalist would be very authoritarian and not a nice place to live for anyone who is not a committed syndicalist.

2.Second Assumption is that the German Empire survives the Second Weltkrieg:
Even an unholy alliance between the Entente and Internationale couldn't change the fact that French Commune was a paper tiger and both the Royalist British and Union of Britain kept a significant portion of their forces at home and the British Empire had an addittional problem of Pacific and American fronts to take care off.
Most of the War on the Western Front was fought on French soil and the alliance between Entente and Internationale eventually broke down.

on the Eastern Front Nat Pop Greater Russian Republic advanced thanks to the defection of Hungary and Bulgaria to it's side as well as pro slavic revolts in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The combine forces of the Iron pact even enter Germany briefly,but then war ended on the Wesern Front and forces were shifted to the Eastern from which halted and reversed the Russian advance.
Kingdom of Italy is a German satellite state devastated by War an Social strife.
the is a devastated Natpop France regime which was created after the French Commune was overthrown in a coup. France is surrounded by enemies on all sides.
After the Second Weltkrieg the sun set on British Empire when the Invasion of the British Isles wa reppelled by Totalist mosleite regime and the Pacific War was lost to Imperial Japan.
New Zelland is a Japanese satellite.

Australian Republic is independent state having drifted away from an increasingly Ultranationalist British Empire in Exile in Canada
Being surrounded by what is essentially enemy territory Australia was forced to make compromises with Syndicalist and Foreign powers both in internal and foreign politics and the Natpop British regime in Ottawa didn't like that.

3.Finally in South America Brazil broke Argentina which was suffering from a syndicalist insurgency.
Said Syndicalist insurgency eventually expanded and threw out the Brazillian occupiers but the War nevertheless secured Brazilian dominance in South America.
Paraguay and Uruguay were turned into powerless protectorates.
Look, Brazil with pretty much everything going down from the 1970s onward, three decades of chaos, impeachments and a institutionalized kleptocracy became the sixth economy overtaking the UK in 2012, so Brazil today in our failstate is an G8 worthy nation, it is just kept shoting itself in the foot enought to fall but it still can rise again and catch up. It was well expect in the 1930s that Brazil would turn into a USA of south america and with the US imploding Brazil gets an national spirit that grants +25% construction speed plus research and pop growth from american refugees, so Brazil certainly would be a G8 worthy power decades earlier.

What's wrong with Natpop Brazil? As far as I remember, the Brazilian integralists unite all sections of society to achieve the goals of social and economic progress, as well as the fight against the oligarchy and syndicalism.
I think this is the image the Empire projects propagandistically, but the reality is much grimmer. Keep in mind that for all their talk of racial harmony, the Brazillian integralists are quite openly anti-Semitic. And the "fight against syndicalism" in the Brazilian context is going to mean across the board political repression of the labor movement and Left, since the syndicalists have a popular front with the social democrats. It's not the sort of thing one does cleanly.

While this would be perfectly normal for integralists, I distinctly recall that the Brazilian integralists were explicitly NOT anti-Semitic. Of course, that may have been changed.
It's up to the player. There is an event about an anti Semitic attack ( and how even integralistas are shocked by it ) and you can purge the antisemites.

It's up to the player. There is an event about an anti Semitic attack ( and how even integralistas are shocked by it ) and you can purge the antisemites.
I believe the antisemitic elements are led by Gustavo Barroso. He was a major figure within the Integralists and a well-known antisemite.

I believe the antisemitic elements are led by Gustavo Barroso. He was a major figure within the Integralists and a well-known antisemite.
Yes, absolutely disgusting.

For example, we had a civil war between the old order oligarchs and Vargas in 1932. Barroso described it as a jewish blood libel, he believed that "Da joos" made both sides declare war on each other to sacrifice 10 000 people. He also supported forced labour camps. The main problem is that Barroso was an famous comic book written and the greatest name as a historian in the brazilian army, so his legacy still lives on, soldiers still read his books (not the anti semitic ones, I hope), since he documentated the army history pretty well. Even if you fire him, he still gonna remain an influent figure (heck, even if the integralists are not elected he will), so his poison has already infected the society, the difference is how deep it goes depending of the scenario.

While this would be perfectly normal for integralists, I distinctly recall that the Brazilian integralists were explicitly NOT anti-Semitic. Of course, that may have been changed.
The Brazilian Integralists have always been a vehemently antisemitic path (their initial "regent" HoS was the man responsible for spreading the Protocols of Elders of Zion in Brazil, and their HoG basically stated it was impossible for Jews to be "loyal" to the brazilian nation). Idk what you're talking about them stopping antisemitism. The whole "Natpop Brazil is the best NatPop path" or people calling it wholesome and anticolonial has always been down to people just, not reading anything in front of their eyes.

Last edited:
Does the Australasian Confederation celebrate Australia Day or do they have a different holiday?

I mean maybe? The holiday was adopted in 1935 according to wikipedia, but people had been celebrating the 26th Jan as a kind of founding day since 1808. Perhaps this is superseded by a holiday celebrating Australia and New Zealand merging together? Unification Day or Australasia Day perhaps to try and found a common identity over "regional" ones?