How would a 1960 VP Debate change the election?

Just an idea I've had. The 1960 Presidential election was the first to have a live TV debate between the two main party Presidential candidates. Unlike future installments starting in 1976, there was no debate between the Vice-Presidential candidates.

Assuming Johnson and Lodge could be convinced to have one: What would a debate between the two Senators be like? Who would "win" (in the sense of most people thinking they won) the debate? Would this have any impact on the overall Presidential race (which was a nail-bitter in many states)?

Well, Lodge is much more telegenic than Johnson for obvious reasons, but I think the more experienced Johnson would be able to win the debate, but one can make the argument that Johnson will win. I think Lodge would prove rather liberal in terms of race (see his "black cabinet member" comment), while Johnson would say a series of platitudes on race and focus on economic issues. I think overall, Nixon's turnout would be depressed in the South, and if Lodge proves especially disastrous and too moderate for many in the base, throughout the nation, while Johnson's demeanour would turn off many Northerners from the ticket. Overall, the winner of the election is still up in the air.