Holy Roman America

NapoleonXIV

Banned
Based on Columbus sails for Maximilian I

How would this change the settlement patterns in North Am? What would a USA (or whatever it would be called, if if existed at all) settled from the German states have ended up looking like by 1800 or later?

Probably just as fractured and contentious as the German states back in Europe...

Though without a resident peasantry, the minor nobility might be harder to sustain. Would anyone bother to emigrate? Peasants tied to the land, unable to go, nobility not wanting to go through the bother of doing any actual work themselves, or giving up their familail heritage, also tied to the land they own in Europe...

Well, if I could see it working out in a very similar way as how the Germans migrated to Texas in the 1840's. In that situation, there was a society led by a prince, in that case Prince Carl of Son-Braunfels as well as some nobles. There would of been societies like this in every state, and I imagian ones which would be perhaps across the HRE. The group of Germans who I talk about colonized a large area of the Texas Hill Country and were very succesful in doing so. Which means just because they the HRE, doesn't mean that they would fail in colonization.