effects of Coolidge running again in 1928 what comes after?

let's say Calvin Coolidge Junior put on socks and didn't die from sepsis.
so President Coolidge doesn't go into depression. An he runs again in 1928 and wins fairly easily.

the depression still happens let's not get into too much semantics he does a little bit worse than Herbert Hoover or not I don't care.

but it's still leads to the election of FDR in 1932.
Coolidge does not seek re-election due to Mass unpopularity and Republican leadership can't find anyone to do it so they just throw the current vice president as their nominee Charles G. Dawes really could be anyone just throwing a name out there. who is crushed in the election. Calvin Coolidge dies a little after the inauguration.

now here's my questions

does the Democratic majority make an early two term limit for presidents because of Coolidge in 30s.

is there a possibility that Herbert Hoover runs for president against FDR in 36 or 40.

1. Coolidge served 1 month over half of Harding's term. The third term issue was not a serious thing for him and the Democrats are not going to go for the 2 term limit amendment.
2. Why not Hoover in 1932. Coolidge will probably announce early, probably before the Depression, that he would not run again. That would have been against the 2 term tradition. A Hoover unsullied by the Depression would still have his reputation as a humanitarian, a Progressive, and a capable leader intact and would have been the only GOP'er with a Marley's Ghost of a chance.

let's say Calvin Coolidge Junior put on socks and didn't die from sepsis.
so President Coolidge doesn't go into depression. An he runs again in 1928
My problem is that the OP doesn't start with Coolidge's own explanation for why he walked away from the presidency. Coolidge explained his reasoning as follows:

“It is difficult for men in high office to avoid the malady of self-delusion... They are always surrounded by worshipers. They are constantly, and for the most part sincerely, assured of their greatness. They live in an artificial atmosphere of adulation and exaltation which sooner or later impairs their judgment. They are in grave danger of becoming careless and arrogant... While I had a desire to be relieved of the pretensions and delusions of public life, it was not because of any attraction of pleasure or idleness. We draw our Presidents from the people. It is a wholesome thing for them to return to the people. I came from them. I wish to be one of them again."

!. "Does the Democratic majority make an early two term limit for presidents because of Coolidge in 30s?" No. FDR stood for election 4 times and served 13 years. Coolidge ran once and served 6 years. Coolidge running in 1928 wouldn't have raised public sentiments the same way FDR did when he ran in 1940, and especially when he ran in 1944.

2. "Is there a possibility that Herbert Hoover runs for president against FDR in 36 or 40?" Not likely. He'll likely have been out of the political arena for too long by then. In would be 1932 or bust.

the depression still happens let's not get into too much semantics he does a little bit worse than Herbert Hoover or not I don't care.
Judging by The Forgotten Man, by Amity Schlaes, there's an excellent chance that the depression would not have become Great and that recovery would have well on its way by November 1932,

bguy

Donor
1. Coolidge served 1 month over half of Harding's term. The third term issue was not a serious thing for him and the Democrats are not going to go for the 2 term limit amendment.

Agreed. (The fact that Coolidge didn't stay in office until he died would also take away much of the perceived need for such an amendment as there would be no per

2. Why not Hoover in 1932. Coolidge will probably announce early, probably before the Depression, that he would not run again. That would have been against the 2 term tradition. A Hoover unsullied by the Depression would still have his reputation as a humanitarian, a Progressive, and a capable leader intact and would have been the only GOP'er with a Marley's Ghost of a chance.

Would Hoover be unsullied by the Depression though? He's been Secretary of Commerce since 1921, so he's bound to get some of the blame for the bad economy. The only way Hoover might be able to avoid being tarred with the Coolidge brush is if he proposes some action to alleviate the economic collapse, Coolidge rejects his proposal, and then Hoover resigns over Coolidge rejecting his proposal. That would give Hoover cover for the economic collapse (since he can then insist that the economy would have recovered if Coolidge has just listened to him), but the party regulars aren't exactly going to be happy with Hoover if he embarrasses the incumbent Republican president with a public resignation over a policy dispute during the middle of a crisis. Such an action might make Hoover too toxic with the party regulars to ever be able to win the GOP nomination.

The only way Hoover might be able to avoid being tarred with the Coolidge brush is if he proposes some action to alleviate the economic collapse, Coolidge rejects his proposal, and then Hoover resigns over Coolidge rejecting his proposal.
This does not seem like something Hoover would do at all he was very much a non interventionist in the economy in favor of low spending and he was very supportive of the Coolidge administration and would likely not want to embarrass Coolidge in this way. I don’t think the Coolidge response to the Great Depression would be as bad as Hoover and he may aid the economy slightly more and I do not see him blaming Mexican immigrants and committing the Mexican Repatriations. It still seems possible that if there is no one better Hoover may have enough support to gain the nomination but more then likely he would be narrowly beaten out by someone else like senate majority leader James E. Watson or Vice president Charles G. Dawes.

bguy

Donor
This does not seem like something Hoover would do at all he was very much a non interventionist in the economy in favor of low spending and he was very supportive of the Coolidge administration and would likely not want to embarrass Coolidge in this way.

Hoover did support some interventionist actions IOTL. He enacted the Agricultural Marketing Act in 1929, and the Reconstruction Finance Corporation, the Federal Home Loan Bank Act, and a 2 billion dollar public works program in 1932. (He also pushed through a major tax hike in 1932.) These are all policies where Hoover might clash with the much less interventionist Coolidge. (Though if Hoover waits until 1932 to break with Coolidge that is going to be much too late to disassociate himself from the Coolidge economy.)

As for Hoover's relationship with Coolidge, I know Coolidge didn't think much of Hoover. (Coolidge famously once said of Hoover, ""That man has offered me unsolicited advice every day for six years, all of it bad.") I don't know if Hoover similarly disliked Coolidge, but disdain is rarely one sided.

Hoover did support some interventionist actions IOTL. He enacted the Agricultural Marketing Act in 1929, and the Reconstruction Finance Corporation, the Federal Home Loan Bank Act, and a 2 billion dollar public works program in 1932. (He also pushed through a major tax hike in 1932.) These are all policies where Hoover might clash with the much less interventionist Coolidge. (Though if Hoover waits until 1932 to break with Coolidge that is going to be much too late to disassociate himself from the Coolidge economy.)

As for Hoover's relationship with Coolidge, I know Coolidge didn't think much of Hoover. (Coolidge famously once said of Hoover, ""That man has offered me unsolicited advice every day for six years, all of it bad.") I don't know if Hoover similarly disliked Coolidge, but disdain is rarely one sided.
I had no idea about any of this I just kind of assumed he was just as non interventionist. Still I think it would be hard for him to take the 1932 election nomination (not that it will matter anyway because regardless or who gets nominated they are getting clobbered by FDR).