Are we going to support Tshombe in Congo? Katanga has been conquered but he is in charge of congo and Mobutu hadn't canned him yet.

Interlude One - Good Morning Meridia
Due_Opposition_Interlude_1.png

Interlude One: Good Morning Meridia

“Good Morning Meridia, and welcome back to the Daily Communique, I’m your host, Idris Ali. For all you new listeners, for the full stories, previous broadcasts, and our shop, go to DailyCom.mrd, once again, that’s DailyCom.mrd for all your Daily Communique wants and needs.

Now, on the agenda for this morning… there have been flair ups in the Pacific Ocean between Pacifica and the Hawaiian Government, who continue to assert their claims. The Superpowers have yet to assert themselves into the confrontation, but rumours hold that President Xu privately has given assurances to Pacifica that in the case of war, they would step in to Mediate.

In Brazil, the American Expat community has celebrated the victory of Nicholas Richardson of the LSU in a special election following the death of his predecessor. He has promised to fight for American Expats, and was notably rebuked by many in the LSU leadership during the campaign.

At home, State Senator Erica Lee spoke at the dedication of a memorial to remember the victims of the Moon Riots. Lee, a fervent supporter of the President, is the favorite in the ongoing senate primary- [unintelligible]- sorry folks, I’ll be right back with all the facts after this short break.”

“Come on down to Nick’s African Diner, all the flavours of Lagos are here and ready for you to get a classic African experience with no flight at a fair price. And get one free drink with a sign up to the Nick’s reward card program. So come on to Nick’s, delicious and newly Eko Friendly *wink sound*!”

Due_Opposition_Interlude_1_Endslide.png

Also, for the record, I wouldn’t normally say something as revealing as this, but Pacifica is not some American Pacific Coast nation, I am not that unoriginal.

-JustStars

Also, for the record, I wouldn’t normally say something as revealing as this, but Pacifica is not some American Pacific Coast nation, I am not that unoriginal.

-JustStars
I'm taking this bit to mean there IS no USA. As in Barry Goldwater being elected led to what people at the time said it would lead to, Global Thermonuclear War. I believe when he was running for president his slogan was "In your heart you know he's right!" which was met with the counter slogan "In you Guts you know he's Nuts!"

I have seen it said repeatedly that he lost because too many people were convinced his election would lead straight to most of the northern hemisphere becoming a radioactive graveyard.

It looks like it did here.

marathag

Banned
YearUSAUSSRUKFranceChina
1963​
29,808​
4,238​
280​
0​
0​
1964​
31,308​
5,221​
310​
4​
1​
1965​
32,135​
6,129​
310​
32​
5​
1966​
32,193​
7,089​
270​
36​
20​
1967​
31,411​
8,339​
270​
36​
25​
1968​
29,452​
9,399​
280​
36​
35​
1632653022724.gif
1632653053358.gif

You don't get the 'M' for Mutual Assured Destruction til later in the '60s

I'm taking this bit to mean there IS no USA. As in Barry Goldwater being elected led to what people at the time said it would lead to, Global Thermonuclear War. I believe when he was running for president his slogan was "In your heart you know he's right!" which was met with the counter slogan "In you Guts you know he's Nuts!"

I have seen it said repeatedly that he lost because too many people were convinced his election would lead straight to most of the northern hemisphere becoming a radioactive graveyard.

I never said there is no USA.

-JustStars

What makes you so sure?

My apologies everyone, I was hoping to release the next chapter tomorrow, but some irl stuff has come up. I still hope to get the chapter out soon, but it might be a good bit away from now.

-JustStars

I wonder if a Goldwater victory could lead Dixiecrats to switch to the Republican party earlier. OTL George Wallace almost did, though not in 1964.