Brandenburg secession plausibility check

Working with a POD after 1618, would it be plausible for the Hohenzollerns to successfully jockey for secession of Brandenburg from the HRE à la Switzerland, as opposed to elevating Prussia into a kingdom?

What sort of POD would be required for this happen? Is it even possible? Is it just going to result in the rest of the Empire stomping on Brandenburg until there's nothing left to stomp?

Considering from about the 1600s the Hohenzollerns started to have ideas of being the ultimate rulers of Germany (which of course turned out to be accurate) then not likely unless it's on their own terms, else they're throwing away their sole long-term ambition. Also, considering the Hapsburg-Hohenzollern rivalry, I'm not sure the Hapsburg's would take it lightly, not at all...

Still, I guess it's ultimately possible. Remember, though, the the Swiss secession was virtually unique. I guess you could draw parallels with the Netherlands, but that's really it. Switzerland was eminently defensible and was a huge nightmare of a job to conquer. That's why the Swiss managed to assert their independence. Brandenburg does not have the advantage of natural defensibility, and while it can't shut itself off entirely from Germany, it's going to struggle gravely with asserting independence.