As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Paramount Pictures confirms that with the TBS+Paramount merger now settled, they will repurpose tertiary brand Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) for importing Japanese anime to western markets. Paramount vice president Barbara Broccoli says the studio expects anime to be the answer to "restoring the roar" for the once-glamorous brand.
- Variety
Funny how a lion was used for TP's anime offerings, when it was a different Leo the Lion that gave the mouse a king's ransom across the oceans. I think by this point, the hinting is warranted.
RKO Radio Pictures confirms a Summer 2013 release date for the sequel to Alejandro Inarritu's version of Star Trek. The first of what RKO hopes to turn into a trilogy will be available on DVD and BluRay from Sony-MCA Home Entertainment and on VHS through Limited Run in November.
- The Hollywood Reporter
Cool!
Paramount finally releases a trailer for Thundercats 2, which is slated for a summer 2010 release. The sequel to the 2005 film helmed by Jonathan Frakes had been delayed by script issues as well as Paramount's merger negotiations with Turner Broadcasting.
- Access Hollywood
Well, that's nice.
Rumor Mill
Paramount Pictures and Mattel offer Linda Woolverton $35 million USD to write the script for a live action Barbie movie they hope to release in 2012 as part of Paramount's 100th anniversary. But who would play the iconic doll? Some point to an established star like Reese Witherspoon, Kirsten Dunst or Bryce Dallas Howard. Others suggest Emily Osment, whose feud with Miley Cyrus on the set of Nickelodeon's Hannah Montana has reached a boiling point according to her big brother Haley.
- Entertainment Tonight
That may be a great gal to write the script. As for the star, I would say to make Barbie the debut of Margot Robbie's Hollywood star, rather than evidence that she has vocal range.

Entertainment News for Mid-September 2009

Paramount Pictures confirms that with the TBS+Paramount merger now settled, they will repurpose tertiary brand Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM) for importing Japanese anime to western markets. Paramount vice president Barbara Broccoli says the studio expects anime to be the answer to "restoring the roar" for the once-glamorous brand.
You madlad you actually made MGM an anime importer! Me and @Otakuninja2006 will be suggesting ideas in the DMs...
- Variety

RKO Radio Pictures confirms a Summer 2013 release date for the sequel to Alejandro Inarritu's version of Star Trek. The first of what RKO hopes to turn into a trilogy will be available on DVD and BluRay from Sony-MCA Home Entertainment and on VHS through Limited Run in November.
- The Hollywood Reporter
Cool.
Paramount finally releases a trailer for Thundercats 2, which is slated for a summer 2010 release. The sequel to the 2005 film helmed by Jonathan Frakes had been delayed by script issues as well as Paramount's merger negotiations with Turner Broadcasting.
- Access Hollywood
Cool.
Rumor Mill
Paramount Pictures and Mattel offer Linda Woolverton $35 million USD to write the script for a live action Barbie movie they hope to release in 2012 as part of Paramount's 100th anniversary. But who would play the iconic doll? Some point to an established star like Reese Witherspoon, Kirsten Dunst or Bryce Dallas Howard. Others suggest Emily Osment, whose feud with Miley Cyrus on the set of Nickelodeon's Hannah Montana has reached a boiling point according to her big brother Haley.
- Entertainment Tonight
Interesting. Will this movie have the same hype as OTL's 2023 movie?
The Sports Page
Last night in Sacramento, the San Jose Sharks lost to the Mighty Ducks of San Diego 6-3. Even though last night's game was a neutral site NHL preseason game, the ARCO Arena was sold out. Some fans stayed as many as two hours after the game had ended, clamoring for autographs from Ducks president Tiffany Disney. Not bad for a basketball-specific arena where some seats in the lower bowl had to be tucked in for the rink to fit. In the second intermission, it was announced that Sacramento's new IHL team - formerly the St. Paul Wild - will take the ice next year as the River Rats, a tribute to the city's former roller hockey club which played briefly during the mid 1990's.
- The San Jose Mercury News

Janikowski surpasses Dempsey for Longest field goal in pro football (Las Vegas Review-Journal headline)
Las Vegas Raiders at San Diego Chargers
September 13, 2009
Jack in the Box Stadium; San Diego, CA
Greg Papa (Raiders radio guy):
"Sebastian Janikowski will attempt a 65 yard field goal to win the game for the Raiders....The snap....Ball's down....The kick....IT...IS..."

*ball bounces off the crossbar*

Papa: "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!! HOLY TOLEDO!!! RAIDERS WIN!!!! FINAL SCORE, RAIDERS 26, CHARGERS 23!!!"
Cool!

Dear Tiffany,

25 years ago, the former Baltimore Colts snuck out in the middle of the night to relocate to my hometown.

Almost immediately, your dad offered Bob Irsay a few million to try to convince him to change the team's name to the Indiana Joneses.

Why did he try to do that?

Jeff Williams
Indianapolis, IN

Ella_cropped_MV_website.jpg

Tiffany Disney
"A couple of years before that, my dad worked with Barry Levinson - a Baltimore native - on Diner. When Barry learned that the Colts left, he was understandably upset, at least from what my dad told me."

"Dad hoped that by convincing Bob Irsay (below) to rebrand, that would open up the Colts name and colors to one day return to Baltimore as maybe an expansion team later on. Temple of Doom was about to come out the same year that the Colts moved to Indianapolis, so dad thought that would be a nice opportunity."

80200826.jpg

"A bigger obstacle for Dad was Pete Rozelle (below). Pete quickly put a stop to Dad's attempted rebranding offer to Irsay because the other NFL owners were angry towards Baltimore and Maryland state officials trying to use eminent domain to stop the Colts from leaving."

pete-rozelle.jpg

"When dad started the Fox network, he had to wait till Paul Tagliabue replaced Rozelle to get the Sunday night package for Fox. Later on, it wasn't until Amy Trask replaced Tagliabue as NFL Commissioner that Dad was able to convince Stan Kroenke to rebrand the erstwhile Jacksonville Jaguars as the St. Louis Sorcerers."​

Has Trey disney had any kids yet
Trey Disney's (b. 1979) children with former Winter X-Games snowboarder Noelle Fairbanks (b. 1977):
Twin daughters Jade Noelle Disney and Priscilla Candice Disney (B. August 2006)
Son Walter Elias Disney IV (B. August 2007)

Tiffany Disney's (b. 1983) adopted son with Joyce Chung (b. 1983):
Alexis Garth Disney (B. July 2006; Adopted December 2006)

When is walt disney jr going to retire and what will he do when he retired. When walt disney retired he focuesed on the progress city. I like the idea of wlat disny riting by 2017 and having focusing on rebuilding san juan if not hte enitre island of purto rico. I feel that disnye progress city foundtion would be help for post hurnican maria purto rico

When is walt disney jr going to retire and what will he do when he retired. When walt disney retired he focuesed on the progress city. I like the idea of wlat disny riting by 2017 and having focusing on rebuilding san juan if not hte enitre island of purto rico. I feel that disnye progress city foundtion would be help for post hurnican maria purto rico
Walt Jr at the moment is 63. But even I don't know what year he could retire.

MLB Posteason Seeds for 2009

American League
1) Tampa Bay Devil Rays (AL South champs)
2) Detroit Tigers (AL North champs)
3) Boston Red Sox (AL East champs)
4) Los Angeles Angels (AL West champs)
5) New York Yankees (wild card)
6) Texas Rangers (wild card)

National League
1) Philadelphia Phillies (NL East champs)
2) Minnesota Twins (NL North champs)
3) Arizona Diamondbacks (NL West champs)
4) Florida Marlins (NL South Champs)
5) San Diego Padres (wild card)
6) St Louis Cardinals (wild card)

MLB Posteason Seeds for 2009

American League
1) Tampa Bay Devil Rays (AL South champs)
2) Detroit Tigers (AL North champs)
3) Boston Red Sox (AL East champs)
4) Los Angeles Angels (AL West champs)
5) New York Yankees (wild card)
6) Texas Rangers (wild card)

National League
1) Philadelphia Phillies (NL East champs)
2) Minnesota Twins (NL North champs)
3) Arizona Diamondbacks (NL West champs)
4) Florida Marlins (NL South Champs)
5) San Diego Padres (wild card)
6) St Louis Cardinals (wild card)
Very interesting bracket this year, a little different from 2009 IOTL. Gonna have to say Phillies over Tigers is my prediction, but you could shock me (or just befuddle all logic and have the D-Backs, Padres or Marlins win it.) Speaking of baseball, how are the Portland Beavers doing? (Don't remember if I asked that before, just wanna know). Also, is the format like IOTL (best of 3 Wild Card series, best of five divisional series, best of 7 LCS, best of 7 World Series)?

Very interesting bracket this year, a little different from 2009 IOTL. Gonna have to say Phillies over Tigers is my prediction, but you could shock me (or just befuddle all logic and have the D-Backs, Padres or Marlins win it.) Speaking of baseball, how are the Portland Beavers doing? (Don't remember if I asked that before, just wanna know). Also, is the format like IOTL (best of 3 Wild Card series, best of five divisional series, best of 7 LCS, best of 7 World Series)?

The wild card and Division series rounds will each be best of five.

Wild Card Series
AL
6) Texas vs. 3) Boston
5) NY Yankees vs. 4) LA Angels

NL
6) St. Louis vs. 3) Arizona
5) San Diego vs. 4) Florida

After the Wild Card series, the winners are reseeded as they advance to the Division Series round.

Division Series
AL
Lowest remaining seed vs. Tampa Bay
Highest remaining seed vs. Detroit

NL
Lowest remaining seed vs. Philadelphia
Highest remaining seed vs. Minnesota

@WB18
As for the Portland Beavers, they will get a new ballpark in 2010.

Plus the Beavers will have a coin toss with the Pittsburgh Pirates for the #1 overall pick in the amateur draft, as both finished with a 62-100 record.