As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Another option for the Marlins could be to take over the old Calder horse racing track which is north of the Snake Creek Canal. I Googled the parcel on the corner of Don Shula Drive and Dan Marino Blvd on the Joe Robbie site, and that looked a little small without having to reroute Shula or Marino.
Another option could be a takeover of the IRL Miami Arena site should it still be abandoned around this time.
IOTL, I was thrilled to see the Marlins win the World Series in only their fifth season. Also, I wished they had kept Giancarlo Stanton and gave him more help to sneak into at least a wild card. My favorite moment during Stanton's time with the Fish were those homers he hit at Coors Field and when he hit one that cleared Dodger Stadium.
1997 was a though one for me IOTL. I would have been happy with either winning since I have that affection for the Marlins but my Dad’s side of the family is from Cleveland and they all wanted the then Indians to win. 2003 was pretty sweet as well (even though I wanted Cubs vs Red Sox that year) when they beat the Yankees. Funny you mention Stanton, I saw him play against the Diamondbacks at Chase Field in 2016. Didn’t hit a home run though.

Entertainment News for Late February 2007
Entertainment News for Late February 2007

Following the collapse of MyNetworkTV, SBC signs a first-look development deal with Warner Bros. Television.
- The New York Times

Turner agrees in principle to purchase a 45% stake in UPN from Microsoft.
- The Wall Street Journal

Luxor Television agrees to a first-look development deal with CBS.
- TV Guide

RUMOR: Turner's internal investigation into Ruby-Spears chief Butch Hartman could put the Fairly Odd Parents creator's future projects in jeopardy.
- The Hollywood Reporter

AEG TV fined $5 million USD by the FCC over a Zoey 101 episode that aired last month in which two male characters "infiltrated" the girls' locker room during gym class.
- Access Hollywood

Statement from Walt Disney, Jr. regarding Kanye West's unprovoked slander of his daughter.
Disney Enterprises, Inc.
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA

For Immediate Release
February 24, 2007

Statement from Walter Elias Disney, Jr.

Today, effective immediately, I am banning Kanye West for life from all Disney theme parks. Mr. West's recent comments regarding my daughter's bladder control struggles are extremely abhorrent and reprehensible. Period.

Following the collapse of MyNetworkTV, SBC signs a first-look development deal with Warner Bros. Television.
- The New York Times

Turner agrees in principle to purchase a 45% stake in UPN from Microsoft.
- The Wall Street Journal

Luxor Television agrees to a first-look development deal with CBS.
- TV Guide

RUMOR: Turner's internal investigation into Ruby-Spears chief Butch Hartman could put the Fairly Odd Parents creator's future projects in jeopardy.
- The Hollywood Reporter

AEG TV fined $5 million USD by the FCC over a Zoey 101 episode that aired last month in which two male characters "infiltrated" the girls' locker room during gym class.
- Access Hollywood

Statement from Walt Disney, Jr. regarding Kanye West's unprovoked slander of his daughter.
1: Came crawling back, I suppose.
2: Interesting.
3: I hope this doesn't mean Luxor has to share SatAM space with Nelvana, Hasbro, and DC Comics. That'd be too much.
4: Depends on if they're worth keeping.
5: Oh, crud.
6: Go ahead and add this to the neverending pile of reasons why Walt Disney Jr. is better than his father.

1: Came crawling back, I suppose.
2: Interesting.
3: I hope this doesn't mean Luxor has to share SatAM space with Nelvana, Hasbro, and DC Comics. That'd be too much.
4: Depends on if they're worth keeping.
5: Oh, crud.
6: Go ahead and add this to the neverending pile of reasons why Walt Disney Jr. is better than his father.
1) Yup. WB returned to SBC with its tail between its legs.
2) Like I mentioned earlier, this gives Turner a chance to dip its toes in network TV.
3) The deal is only good for live action. Animated series will likely be carried elsewhere.
4) "Phil Anschutz watches from his lair in Denver, waiting for Butch to be exiled from Atlanta..."
5) Jamie Lynn-Spears and Alexa Nikolas have been feuding with each other on the set for a while. But of course, you can count on Anschutz or the Koch brothers to give them each a stack of simoleons to get both to play nice.

1) Yup. WB returned to SBC with its tail between its legs.
2) Like I mentioned earlier, this gives Turner a chance to dip its toes in network TV.
3) The deal is only good for live action. Animated series will likely be carried elsewhere.
4) "Phil Anschutz watches from his lair in Denver, waiting for Butch to be exiled from Atlanta..."
5) Jamie Lynn-Spears and Alexa Nikolas have been feuding with each other on the set for a while. But of course, you can count on Anschutz or the Koch brothers to give them each a stack of simoleons to get both to play nice.
1: Well, at least SBC wins out by getting The Big Bang Theory in primetime, and Speed Racer: The Next Generation on Saturday Mornings. Just providing potential ideas, you don't have to go along with these.
2: I know this wouldn't happen this late in the 2000's, but could Turner's animated slate be the basis of a Sunday morning lineup on UPN? Leave the Saturday cartoons to Paramount and its divisions, but with how much Ted owns of the network, just one or two half-hours won't cut it.
3: Really? It's like the primary requirement to work at AEG is "Must be a godawful person, or know a few in politics, or be one in politics."
4: Dreadful. Maybe Jamie should have followed in her sister's wings and worked for Disney instead.

Most Disney historians and archivists would agree with you. But then again, a normal dad would expect his son to do better in life than himself.
That's just what I wanted to hear. Oh, and I'm glad that the Luxor deal with CBS is only good for live-action, because it and WB could provide just what SBC would need in the 2010's. Because Saban, DIC, Golden Harvest, and New Line probably don't have much to offer after 2010.

I figured this would be on Cartoon Network, since the original show aired on Toonami ITTL. Or on USACX, considering Lionsgate created the show IOTL.
But SBC is good too.
Well, in this timeline, it's a Warner Bros. property, and one of their few that consistently views the animation medium as a vital resource. Hence my suggestion to put it on SBC.

But Toonami and USACX are good alternatives in case.

Does WB have a broadcast TV station?
We'll we used to have one in MyNetworkTV in partnership with Bally, which only collapsed after four years.

As far as I'm concerning, TMNT is planned for release in March 2007 by Disney. Thunderbean Animation emerges from the public domain DVD business, alongside Digiview.

TMNT (2007 Film)
maxresdefault.jpg

TMNT
Released by Walt Disney Pictures on March 23, 2007

Based upon characters created by
Kevin Eastman
Peter Laird

Produced by
Blue Sky Studios

Written and Directed by
Kevin Monroe

Exective Producers
Chris Wedge
Sir Daniel Abbott
Trey Disney

Music by
Trevor Rabin

Themes from the 1990 live action film scored by
John Du Prez

Main Voices
Laurence Fishburne as the Narrator
Tobey Maguire as Leonardo
Matthew Lillard as Michelangelo
Kal Penn as Donatello
Tom Hardy as Raphael
Devon Sawa as Casey Jones
Christina Ricci as April O'Neil
George Takei as Hamato Yoshi/Splinter
Patrick Stewart as Max Winters
Zhang Ziyi as Karai
Danny Trejo as Colonel Santino
John Leguizamo as General Aguila
Ruben Blades as General Serpiente
Carlos Alazraqui as General Gato
Miguel Ferrer as General Mono

Notes
- The Limited Run VHS reissue of the 1990 movie has a preview for the 2007 movie as a coming attraction.
- Harvey Comics will bring the 80's and 90's TMNT Adventures back into print as part of this film's release.
- Look for Turtles Forever to air in 2009 on Fox as a special episode of the anthology series.
- TMNT is the first Turtle project since the knighting of Daniel Abbott, who contributed ideas to the 80's/90's TV series.​

The start of the 2007 WLAF season was delayed by a month in order for the Jacksonville Tomcats, formerly the St. Louis Stallions, to be given enough time to be properly introduced to their new market.

The weekend of March 23 thru the 25 of 2007 was the start of the WLAF's regular season. And with the new season came new broadcast partners.

First, after a three year hiatus, the WLAF returned to Fox, who were joined by three new broadcast partners.

Fox's WLAF theme is basically the same one used for Sunday Night NFL games. (LINK)
df11nss-30474f6d-9be9-49f6-93b5-45ace3aec934.jpg

Screencap from Fox's WLAF intro used from 1995 until 1998. This intro will be brought back in 2007.

The Hub will carry games on Thursday or Friday nights. Because the WLAF plays in the spring and summer months, they are exempt from the restrictions the NFL and NCAA must adhere to under the Sports Broadcasting Act of 1961.

Sharing primetime rights with The Hub is TNT. TNT will use Trevor Rabin's NBA theme as placeholder music this year and commission a new theme for next season.

Sharing the weekend afternoon package with Fox is UPN, a rising newcomer to sports broadcasting. UPN's cable cousin Odyssey shocked the sports world by outbidding its more established rivals to acquire a slice of the MLB cable package.

@WB18
As a footnote, since the WLAF gave the Arizona Wranglers a special waiver to play home games exclusively at night because of the weather, Wrangler home games will likely be split between TNT and The Hub. Fox and UPN will have many opportunites to carry Wrangler road games in the 11 AM Mountain or 2 PM Mountain time slots.

In Maricopa County, KASW (Former MyTV affiliate) will simulcast Wrangler home games shown on cable. KTTU (UPN) will do the same in Tucson.

Last edited:
Now I Can't Wait that the MLB will open their Season on NBC with the Orente Theme in April 2007.

And Also: They will have a Pregame Show for MLB's Coverage on NBC titled "The Saturday Lead-Off", I Think.