Alternate Weapons of War thread...

Hapsburg

Banned
Also, that jet fighter up there...only has 400 rounds for its cannon? Seems a bit low to me.

Most do, or thereabouts. The F-22, for example, has only 450 rounds or something, and that's a smaller gun than this fighter's. It's a last-ditch weapon; the thing's main weapons are its missiles, which have massively improved range and performance in comparison to current missiles. And if the Tigershark is being equipped for close-combat or air defence, it'll have beam guns mounted underwing.

Most do, or thereabouts. The F-22, for example, has only 450 rounds or something, and that's a smaller gun than this fighter's. It's a last-ditch weapon; the thing's main weapons are its missiles, which have massively improved range and performance in comparison to current missiles. And if the Tigershark is being equipped for close-combat or air defence, it'll have beam guns mounted underwing.

I see...that makes sense though. I was thinking too much about the A-10.

USS Arizona BBM-2
Lead Arizona Class Mega Battleship
Displacement: 180,000 tons
Speed: 30 knots
Armament: x15 25 inch Mark A V2 Rifles (A.P.), x12 21.1 inch Rifles (A.P.), x4 16 inch Mark 8 Rifles (A.P.)
Length: 1,200 ft
Width: 155 ft
Armor: 26 inches thick (32 inch-Turrets, 29 inch-Magazine)

Ships in Class
Oklahoma BBM-3
Utah BBM-4

Arizona
21.1 inch V1-5,800 pound shells
25 inch Mark A V2-7,500 pound shells

Oklahoma & Utah
x18 21.1 inch V1-5,400 pound shells
x6 25 inch Mark A V1-7,100 pound shells

USS Arizona was sunk during the Pearl Harbor Attack. That’s when the planning of a new super battleship began. The Arizona Class BBM went through 3 designs, the 3rd design was chosen for Arizona. The other two ships had the 2nd design. Design 1 had 12 guns, 6 25 inch and 6 21.1 inch guns, the secondary was mounted on the deck. Design 2 had the same main gun armament; the secondary’s mounted below the deck also having better AA armament. Design 3 had 15 25 inch guns, secondary’s below the deck and better AA armament. Arizona herself packs more of a punch than her 2 sister ships. Arizona also had the old New York Class Dreadnought look from a distance. Construction started on April 1st, 1942. She was launched April 2nd, 1944. She was commissioned April 29th, 1944. However, she was 2 weeks behind schedule. It took 2 years to build her and her sister ships.

Arizona uses the B2K type Nuclear Reactor engine. It produces 490,000 shp. That’s what gave her a speed of 30 knots. Her massive 25 inch Mark A V2 main battery can hurls 7500 pound armor piercing shells to a maximum range of 28 miles. The 25 inch 7500 Mark A V2 shells can shred through 30 inches of armor, her armor is also advanced so the super heavy shell can’t pierce her own armor. She also fires a high explosive shell for shore bombardment. The bombardment shell weighs 6000 pounds and can pierce 24 inches of armor (just not Iowa II’s 22 inch armor). Any enemy battleships shells just explode on contact with Arizona’s armor, they don’t pierce the armor.

Using the same version of the Iowa II’s radar, weapon, and propulsion systems, she is just as advanced as the Iowa II. Having the thickest armor, largest Naval guns, and the heaviest displacement, she is the most largest battleship ever built. Arizona and her sister ships have no real weakness. Arizona was given 30 Battle Stars for her WWII service. Like the Iowa, Montana, and Iowa II Class Battleships, she saw several years of service. Arizona was placed under command of Five Star Fleet Admiral William F. Halsey. The Arizona Class was made to counter any Axis Maximum Battleship they can throw at it.

Here's Arizona's turret with guns :)

ArizonaIowaIIturrets 2.jpg

Last edited:

NothingNow

Banned
The Modelo 90 Self Propelled Howitzer

Current Users:
Argentina, Biafra, Brazil, Chile, Cuba, Holstein, Mexico, Navarre, Spain, Portugal, Venezuela and Others.

Specifications:
Crew: 5
Dimensions:
Length: 8m (10.5m including barrel)
Width: 3.1m
Height: 2.8m
Ground Clearance: .4m
Main Weapon: 1x 155mm FAMAE G155/70 Howitzer (50 Rounds)
Secondary Weapons: 1x Pintle Mounted Gun
Armor: 15 to 20mm of RHA with Kevlar/Nomex anti-spalling liner.
Weight: ~17.5 Tonnes (38,600lbs)
Powerplant: 1xHispano-Suiza D1206T Diesel Engine, producing 570hp.
Top Speed (Theoretical): 105km/h (~65mph)
Top Speed (Safe): 73km/h (~45mph)

The Modelo 90 Self-propelled gun is another member of the Modelo 84 family, and is the most successful member of the family, being in use in most Latin Pact member states. The Modelo 90 was intended to replace the older fifites and Sixties Era Assault guns and Howitzers used by the LP members. The FAMAE made G155/70 is fully compatible with NATO standard 155mm Rounds.

The Modelo 90 compares favorably against most Self Propelled Guns, being highly accurate, long ranged and more than capable of protecting itself in unsecured areas. The Modelo 90 is capable of MRSI attacks alongside traditional employment, and various Extended Range Munitions are available.

As with the other members of the Modelo 84 family, the Modelo 90 is Mine Protected and Fully Amphibious.
Modelo90SPH.png

This is a real idea from the 1980's.
LGMSLCBM.png

On alert the cruise missile/ICBM would launch and loiter. At the go signal it would launch the ICBM. If cancelled the cruise missile would be recovered with the missile.
Neat trick if you could do it without blowing yourself up.

Ohmygosh, proelite, can I like, totally use that picture for an SW game that I'm playing? That is damn cool.:cool: And good. Did you draw it yourself?

Ohmygosh, proelite, can I like, totally use that picture for an SW game that I'm playing? That is damn cool.:cool: And good. Did you draw it yourself?

Damnit, Locke, you beat me to it! Ahh, well..... I'll just buy some off you. ;) (That is, if he say's yes)

The fuck you asking me for? :confused:
First, the is pretty strong language for someone asking your opinion in what seems to be a genuine manner.
Second, as one of the most prolific creators of material for this thread being asked your opinion is only natural.

Hapsburg

Banned
First, the is pretty strong language for someone asking your opinion in what seems to be a genuine manner.
No, it really isn't. That's just how I talk.

Second, as one of the most prolific creators of material for this thread being asked your opinion is only natural.
I guess. My stuff isn't as good as most others' stuff in this thread, though; mine's sci-fi rather than truly AH.

To answer Tennessee BB's post, then: it's good, just a really big picture. Maybe I'm a bit too used to Shipbucket scale ships and such, though.

Sachyriel

Banned
mmmeee0's newest crazy weapon!

marblemk1drone.png

Comments wanted, tell me if I should add a self-destruct mechanism so when they're damaged it blows up and takes Tiannamen Square with it!

Hapsburg

Banned
The mention of weaponised marbles (at least that's what I got from it) reminded me to post this.
So, yeah, the main anti-ship missile used by the CGN, the SIM-601 Orca. Its warhead options allow for many types of nuclear and conventional weapons, including an attack vehicle that scatters a cloud of steel ball-bearings in the path of an incoming enemy vessel, effectively a high-velocity fragmentation warhead. Though nuclear warheads are still the most commonly used munition for space-use missiles.

Orca missile.png