Alternate Weapons of War thread...

i think there are some freeware paint style programs out there.

the design was really hard. its sorta based on the spacecraft from the start of Avatar, crossed with a space station and some ship from a docu-drama i saw once about a group of astronauts flying round the solar system. their ship had a big shield on the front to serve as an air-break in Jupiter atmosphere (or something like that) after a bit of trial and error i got the basic shape done. the extra details, like the scaffolding, came after and took a lot longer (did a lot of copy and paste to keep it all regular.)

Very nice. I think I remember the docu-drama that you're talking about.

You can definitely tell that you put a great deal of time and effort into designing that ship.

JapaneseOccupation.jpg

(Timeline 3177) Febuary 22nd, 2213, Neues Hessen under Japanese Occupation. Here we have an IJA soldier (unusually carrying a Katana for a photo) standing in front of the former seat of local government while a Type 125 tank floats by and a pair of Type 50 Yokai Assault Mechs stand on guard. In retaliation for the Invasions of Shin Hokkaido, Shin Tsushima and Yamamoto and to disorginize the Sternenmarine to allow for the retaking of these colonies, the Japanese launched a counter offensive into European Alliance Space in December of 2212 with Neues Hessen being the first world to be taken. Quickly the planetary capital of Neues Wiesbaden fell after a two day long seige and some fighting in a few of it's residential districts. Most of the nation's urban centers fell shortly afterwards, despite this some rural areas still have considerable resistance left in them and 12 million of the planet's 41 million dezidens live in areas that have yet to submit to the Occupational Forces.

Last edited:

Hapsburg

Banned
Also thanks to juniorgeneral; their pictures of artillery pieces were great base designs. So here are the CGUA's typical field artillery pieces. This does not include siege artillery, which are typically much, much larger and far less mobile.
As part of the Union Army's "deep battle" doctrine, combined-arms methods are practised at nearly every level. Almost all infantry are mechanised, with artillery and chemical warfare groups integrated at the regimental level; all panzer formations have organic infantry support, etc. The most prominent example is the integration of artillery fire-support at the platoon, company, battalion, regimental, and brigade level. From light 37mm pack artillery and 75mm pack howitzers to 50mm towed guns and various individually-carried mortars; dedicated artillery brigades utilise an array of light, medium, and heavy howitzers. Each weapon system is integrated to a network of observation drones and guidance satellites in order to provide pinpoint-accurate fire support with highly capable guided munitions, allowing for smaller artillery pieces to do significantly more damage than expected of their calibre. Chemical (really CBRN) warfare troops also use these to deliver payloads of chemical, biological, or radiological weapons.

CGU Artillery.png

My first attempt at designing a space vessel. It's designed for exploration, with the first two modules for navigation and communication. The second compartment is the habitation module and also contains the food, water, and air supplies. The last module is the engineering/power generation section, with fuel supplies directly behind it.

Also, it's not really complete, and is really only a conceptual drawing showing the major components.

Spaceship Design 1.jpg

My second attempt at making a spaceship (Just to give credit where credit is due, the designs are based in part on those of Angry_scottsman_1989):

Spaceship Design 3 copy 2.jpg

It brings me much sadness to have to bump this thread.

Anyway, here is the ship that I'm working on - a modernized version of the BB-2 Massachusetts, to be set in the TL that is in my mind. Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

USS Benedict Arnold.png

Here is a small armored car I made for an alternate history game I was involved in. This armored car was part of the "Kingdom of Brazil"'s military.

Brazilian_Recon-AH-Post.PNG

Also thanks to juniorgeneral; their pictures of artillery pieces were great base designs.
Nice selection of guns there.

I find that Clive does an accurate job drawing the artillery given restrictions of the pixel art style of the JG site. You are right when you say his work makes a great starting place for kit bashing alternate history/location equipment.

My latest attempt at designing a space warship. The resemblance of either the ship design or weapons designs to any in current or past fictional universes is purely coincidental (well, except for those that may have partially inspired the design, but it's nearly impossible to design a weapons platform that doesn't resemble something that has come before it).

Spaceship Design 14.jpg

My latest attempt at designing a space warship. The resemblance of either the ship design or weapons designs to any in current or past fictional universes is purely coincidental (well, except for those that may have partially inspired the design, but it's nearly impossible to design a weapons platform that doesn't resemble something that has come before it).

Its underbelly is defenseless!

Zor