Alternate State Capitals

Not sure if there's another thread like this, but does anybody have any ideas of what would happen to certain US cities if they weren't the capital of their state? This is my first post, so be gentle.

Not sure if there's another thread like this, but does anybody have any ideas of what would happen to certain US cities if they weren't the capital of their state? This is my first post, so be gentle.
Well new york new capital should be new york city (i think the most obvious one)

Maybe the goverment decide to move the capital to it's most prosperous city and i mean new york has a good architecture and more urbanized
Good point. I'm from Washington state, and personally the capital should be Seattle. There's a neighborhood called Capitol Hill, too.

That could work too but i was thinking of a more centralized capital but i dont think central puerto rico has a good railway or road connection so maybe that could also work
Without building a totally new city, the closest you're gonna get is Caguas.

For Georgia, Savannah springs instantly to mind, not to mention Macon. Louisiana, on the other hand, either New Orleans or Shreveport.
Hmm i would guess the pod is sherman march to the sea with atlanta receiving more damaga what about virginia i mean the csa used it as it capital what where would the capital be if the union decide to move virginia capital as a punishment

Last edited:
First, why the hell would he do that? Second, with what military could he do that with? Third, San Lorenzo.
Well let say franco want to retake it former spanish colony lost in the spanish american war and let say franco got more aid from the german (planes,arms,armor etc perhaps even ships) and why pick san lorenzo

Well let say franco want to retake it former spanish colony lost in the spanish american war and let say franco got more aid from the german (planes,arms,armor etc perhaps even ships) and why pick san lorenzo
If Franco is going on a reconquest spree why would he chose Porto Rico and antagonize the US directly? There's far bigger and more valuable places for that scenario than Porto Rice (not that I think its likely in the first place, but whatever).

I feel Detroit might have been the logical capital for Michigan, what with its history and position along the great lakes, especially considering the when you read about Lansing's history, it actually started life as a bit of a scam. With that said, I do understand why the capital was moved from Detroit, given the fear that war with the UK, whom Detroit is one river away from, was still quite common around the time Lansing was made the capital.

If Franco is going on a reconquest spree why would he chose Porto Rico and antagonize the US directly? There's far bigger and more valuable places for that scenario than Porto Rice (not that I think its likely in the first place, but whatever).
Exactly. He might as well try to invade Mexico.