Alternate First World War: Russo-German Alliance???

World_War_One.gif

So, I have just been thinking of it recently, but how plausible would a Russo-German alliance be?

I was looking at the idea that Germany wants control of control the Grossdeutchland landmass/region, whereas Russia wants a lot of the Balkans and even some of the Turkish regions. I thought maybe that Germany and Russia would both invade Austria'Hungary, with Germany taking the bohemian and Austrian regions, Russia could probably take Galicia, Serbia would probably expand outwards a bit to gain more territory, possibly Slovenia and Croatia, maybe Montenegro as well.

Now as a sidenote, maybe Italy joins Germany and takes the Tyrol and Trieste regions.

Dissolution_of_Austria-Hungary.png

Now, obviously Russia itself would want to expand further into the Balkans, so they would/could possibly invade Romania, but then they could also maybe take a stab at the Ottoman Empire. They have always had some fascination with Istanbul so an invasion of Turkey is not too far fetched, even though they would really require a lot of assets they did not seem to have in OTL.

I guess the question is what would France and the UK do? I guess they would have their Entente Cordial alliance, but given they can only attack through a narrow corridor into Germany would they invade?