A Modernized Qing Dynasty and How It Would Affect Asia

Lately, I've been reconsidering some worldbuilding I've done for a project I've been working on since last year. At first, I was solely focusing on how China under the Qing Dynasty could have modernized earlier. However, I noticed that after comparing notes with my creative consultant in which some events in the real timeline still happen (The Sino-Japanese War and the Japan's annexation of Korea), I now can't help but think that all of Asia could've been affected by a modernized China, resulting in a drastic change in the course of history.

Here are some events I thought of for four select countries. Some of which I covered in past posts while others are carried over from my consultant's timeline. I am open to constructive criticism and suggestions.

China (Qing Dynasty)

1875: Empress Dowager Cixi dies of a liver ailment. Prince Gong takes over the regency.

1876: After the successful reconquest of Xinjian, the Qing government taking notice of Liu Jintang's army using German firearms and decides that in order to modernize it's military, all future weaponry will be purchased from Germany. This begins the process of remodeling the Eight Banner system after the military of the German Empire and the disbandment of the provincial armies used to defeat the Taiping rebellion years prior. It also begins the diplomatic relationship between China and Germany.

1880: The Old Summer Palace is rebuilt thanks to the Qing government finally being able to pay off its Opium War debt via industrialization. Years later, the Guangxu Emperor would use it to host western-style garden parties.

1887: The Guangxu Emperor begins ruling China by his own right.

1888: Guangxu marries Lady Tatara. In the following years, they have three children together: one daughter and two sons.

1889 or 189?: The Qing Dynasty is reformed into a semi-constitutional monarchy modeled after the German Empire. Guangxu appoints Zhang Zhidong as the dynasty's first imperial chancellor.

Japan:

1881: Emperor Meiji agrees to King Kalākaua's gambit to grant Hawaii protection under Japan’s sphere of influence, leading to a marriage between Prince Higashifushimi Yorihito and Princess Kaʻiulani.

Vietnam:

The Sino-French war still happens, but the Qing Dynasty is able to acquire Tonkin, which is made into a client state with Nguyễn Hàm Nghi as it's ruler and Hanoi as its capital. The French continue to control Annam with Nguyễn Đồng Khánh as its ruler and Huế as its capital.

Korea (Joseon):

Myeongseong's assassination in 1895 is prevented along the coffee poisoning plot against Sunjong that same year, allowing the latter to have children with Lady Min. (In the main timeline, she'd be posthumously named Empress Sunmyeonghyo.)