Miscellaneous >1900 (Alternate) History Thread

What if Poland didn't annex Teschen, Spisz and Orawa from Czechoslovakia in 1938? Then, Poland would be viewed as less of an aggressor. Teschen, Spisz and Orawa would need to be Polish by 1937 at latest, though, or the former region would be controlled by the Proctectorate of Bohemia and Moravia and the latter two regions by Tiso's Slovakia (which might invade Poland this time out of solidarity with Germany only). Assuming WW2 and the invasion of Poland proceeded as in otl, the French might be more willing to assist Poland and continue the Saar Offensive with resulting butterflies.

That will depend on how much of a threat China and the Soviets are and if the Soviets have a say in the policies of this Japan.
Well true, but I was more imagining a timeline where Stalin doesn't want to leave Japan to the US alone. So after Operation Downfall started, he uses Korea, which he would be control of, to launch an invasion of Western Honshu and Hokkaido. As such, the US is forced to meet with the USSR to devise post-war occupation zones.

When the time comes to end direct rule and hand back control, the Japanese in the Western sectors manage to go the path of Austria rather than Germany; in that they successfully reunite with the Soviet zone on the condition of Cold War neutrality.

Well true, but I was more imagining a timeline where Stalin doesn't want to leave Japan to the US alone. So after Operation Downfall started, he uses Korea, which he would be control of, to launch an invasion of Western Honshu and Hokkaido. As such, the US is forced to meet with the USSR to devise post-war occupation zones.

When the time comes to end direct rule and hand back control, the Japanese in the Western sectors manage to go the path of Austria rather than Germany; in that they successfully reunite with the Soviet zone on the condition of Cold War neutrality.
Stalin and what navy? And this is assuming US not deploy troops in Korea at the time

So two questions :

1) How do you go about establishing a Fox News-like Media Channel in the 1920s and who is the most likely one to be at the head of it

2) Who would you say were the Democratic Equivalents of Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Bush Sr. and Republican Equivalents of JFK, LBJ, Carter, and Clinton?

Stalin and what navy? And this is assuming US not deploy troops in Korea at the time
Stalin upon learning that Operation Downfall has been selected over other means(likely from Truman himself at Potsdam in this ATL), he would order Soviet factories to start churning out boats that could be used for landings.

Regarding other ships to support it, he would not need as much in this ATL. I said that he would invade after Downfall started. I would say three months later, provided Japan didn't surrender yet. The majority of Japanese defences against invasion would either be concentrated against US troops in Eastern Honshu or would be destroyed. This means Western Honshu would be relatively easier to attack.

But, I acknowledge, this operation would still yield high Soviet casualties. However, the Soviets won't be racing the Americans like they did in Germany. As long as they have troops in Japan, they have achieved their goal, which would be to force the US to give the Soviets a zone and thus a say in post-war Japan.

This is just one way the Soviets get involved. Another timeline is that Truman decides the death toll would be too high and acquiesces on the Soviets, letting them in on the invasion in order to lessen the burden on US troops. He supplies the landing crafts and uses US ships to aid the Soviets to invade.

Stalin upon learning that Operation Downfall has been selected over other means(likely from Truman himself at Potsdam in this ATL), he would order Soviet factories to start churning out boats that could be used for landings.

Regarding other ships to support it, he would not need as much in this ATL. I said that he would invade after Downfall started. I would say three months later, provided Japan didn't surrender yet. The majority of Japanese defences against invasion would either be concentrated against US troops in Eastern Honshu or would be destroyed. This means Western Honshu would be relatively easier to attack.

But, I acknowledge, this operation would still yield high Soviet casualties. However, the Soviets won't be racing the Americans like they did in Germany. As long as they have troops in Japan, they have achieved their goal, which would be to force the US to give the Soviets a zone and thus a say in post-war Japan.

This is just one way the Soviets get involved. Another timeline is that Truman decides the death toll would be too high and acquiesces on the Soviets, letting them in on the invasion in order to lessen the burden on US troops. He supplies the landing crafts and uses US ships to aid the Soviets to invade.
Most Soviet factories are well away from the coast and the shipyards are so far from Japan that by the time the ships get there the war will already be over, so it's not like Stalin can just order "well, make landing ships."

And Truman asking the Soviets to invade could only be seen if he has decided that he wants to learn firsthand what an impeachment of a president is or if by some miracle he is now a Soviet agent...