Army Group Rupperecht will be depployed opposite to Belgium. I am sure of that.
But wonder how it turns to war.
Its something that would fizzle out in normal circumstances.
Definitely! Let the Bavarians, uh, do their thing…
Because the French, subject to considerations of relative war-making potential vis-à-vis Germany as Germany was IOTL vis-à-vis Russia, will treat German diplomatic discontent with Austria as a rationale to invoke their alliance and manufacture a casus belli while Austria is still sufficiently hotheaded to get dragged in.

They would have found a way to manufacture a crisis in any case, but would likely have lost Austria to neutrality were it not for the brief period of ill feelings stemming from this incident.
Precisely this. Strike while the iron is hot
It's rather complicated. There was a lot of discussion on how the Kaiser of the newly-founded Reich should style himself. The options were:
  • Kaiser der Deutschen, or Emperor of the Germans, which had connotations dating back to the 48' Revolutions, having been the title offered to Freidrich Wilhelm IV.
  • Kaiser von Deutschland, or Emperor of Germany, which was the title that Wilhelm I wanted, but was shot down by Bismarck, given that the concept of Germany back then included Austria, so the implication would be that an eventual unification was expected.
  • Deutscher Kaiser, or German Emperor, which is what they eventually settled for, and the only one that didn't imply anything for Austria.
I suspect the comment above is asking if, given Germany's present disregard for Austria's opinion, would feel inclined to claim one of the first two. I'd say it depends heavily on German post war plans and whether they plan to claim some land on the basis of it being ethnically German. If so, it would be a logical groundwork.
Thank you!
One which is benificial.
Benefits, like, fathering several of her children
I think someone actually wrote Charles de Gaulle x Helmtrud erotica in the last thread,
You are correct. AFAIK it’s the only post in either thread that’s gotten a true, genuine slap down from a mod.

It was very creative and I’ll admit I chuckled at it, but also the kind of thing you can’t unread

You are correct. AFAIK it’s the only post in either thread that’s gotten a true, genuine slap down from a mod.

It was very creative and I’ll admit I chuckled at it, but also the kind of thing you can’t unread
Did someone actually write this? 🤣
It's a shame I didn't see it.

Did someone actually write this? 🤣
It's a shame I didn't see it.
Unfortunately I couldn't find it
Here it is

Here it is
To quote @KingSweden24 from two years ago:
I will say that I did not expect to read Charles de Gaulle erotic fan fiction today

If that happened, I don't think we get war...
The war then might start over her trial. Or over she and her boytoy successfully escaping and then Germany refusing to extradite her.
Cue Charles de Gaulle raising a French Republican Army aka Free France in exile to overthrow the Empire.

The war then might start over her trial. Or over she and her boytoy successfully escaping and then Germany refusing to extradite her.
Cue Charles de Gaulle raising a French Republican Army aka Free France in exile to overthrow the Empire.
Good lord a Republican De Gaulle

Odd question but is a reverse Franco-Belgian Schliefflen Attack plan into Germany possible, even for ironies sake.
lol
Not really, from a logistical standpoint something Schlieffen-esque only worked westwards due to how railheads/railroads were placed. (Essentially fanned out from near Aachen across Belgium).

That being said, trying to loop around either side of the Ardennes/Eifel plateau is sort of a geographic necessity for the attackers
Good lord a Republican De Gaulle
Heh. Though him banging a literal Empress for years and years probably forecloses any Republican sympathies for the man

Yes. He very nearly offered Henri d’Orleans the Presidency in the 1960s, which was widely understood as being a prelude to a restoration.

In the end CDG decided to run again himself instead
No idea how plausible this is (I know next to nothing about post WWII France internal politics) but that's a hell of a POD for a TL.

Heh. Though him banging a literal Empress for years and years probably forecloses any Republican sympathies for the man
If the Second French Empire collapses during the CEW, I can imagine Her and De Gaulle going to exile (perhaps in Germany) and raise the two girls together.

Of course, in the immediate aftermath, the entire royal family is going to flee (Mostly likely to Britain). I would be really satisfiying if Her broke up with Nap V and fleeing with De Gaulle.