What are the implications of Soviet communism collapsing during or immediately after WWII?

The thing I hate USA and other NATO countries the most for is not bombing the soviet union into the ground while they still had the chance, sure there would've been casualties and life would suck at first but then there would've been a chance for some actual normal countries to rise out of it, kinda like in post-WW2 Germany

Also by 1940s, despite all the purging, the generation that still remembered the actual normal human life(meaning before 1917) was still alive and even made up the bulk of society, so it would've been far easier to build a normal society on that basis as opposed to in 1990s when that generation has already died out, and the bulk of the population spent their formative years in Stalin/Chruscev times(meaning no even the most basic understanding of how to handle money, how to work properly, no normal families, no communities, total crippling alcoholism etc.)

The soviet union was literally one of the worst things in all of history, MUCH worse than the nazis(who were themselves only a reaction to soviet communism anyway) even if only for unlike the nazis it was actually able to win it's wars spreading the plague further
imagine when you find out the borderline neo-feudal Tsarist hellhole of nigh-constant anti-semitic violence was not in fact that utopia you thought it was.
The soviet union was literally one of the worst things in all of history, MUCH worse than the nazis(who were themselves only a reaction to soviet communism anyway) even if only for unlike the nazis it was actually able to win it's wars spreading the plague further

I want you to explain why Nazi Germany, a nation built on the ideals of racial purity and mass genocide, is better than the nation that ostensibly preaches the ideals of equality and brotherhood (not that it does those well, but one would think which one's ideal world is better)

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'
Let’s change the subject: would there have been more successful national-developmentalist dictators with weaker soviets

John Waters

Banned
imagine when you find out the borderline neo-feudal Tsarist hellhole of nigh-constant anti-semitic violence was not in fact that utopia you thought it was.
Don't know how you confused meanings of words "normal" and "utopia"

Generalplan Ost - Wikipedia

en.m.wikipedia.org
en.m.wikipedia.org
... wich(even if we accept unquestionably that all that we know about it is completely true) STILL contained in it nothing that the communists weren't already doing to their own country lmao

STILL contained in it nothing that the communists weren't already doing to their own country lmao
At no point didn't the Soviets ever go as far as the Nazis in terms of trying to purge an entire continent of people they deemed inferior and replace them with their own people. The holodomor was awful, but it wasn't something on the scale of the Holocaust or even the destruction of Native Americans.

John Waters

Banned
I want you to explain why Nazi Germany, a nation built on the ideals of racial purity and mass genocide, is better than the nation that ostensibly preaches the ideals of equality and brotherhood (not that it does those well, but one would think which one's ideal world is better)
I don't care about what someone says, only about what someone does - and you should do the same! Like if someone murders your family with an axe in front of you how would it make it better if thay say that it's for a greater equality? I think you wouldn't care, and the same is true on the national and global scale

The crimes of communism are literally worse as in both more inhumane and had far more devastating effects(the nazis lasted less than 2 decades, communism still poisons the world today)

John Waters

Banned
At no point didn't the Soviets ever go as far as the Nazis in terms of trying to purge an entire continent of people they deemed inferior and replace them with their own people. The holodomor was awful, but it wasn't something on the scale of the Holocaust or even the destruction of Native Americans.
Yeah about that, actually the soviet regime commited a multitude of ethnic genocides(some were completely successful, some only partially so), meaning killing people on the basis of their ethnicity(sounds not very Marxist to me btw, but maybe it's just me), as well as killing people on the basis of their social class, so actually purging an entire continent(and the one much larger than the one the nazis were aiming for at that!) by murdering all the people who were deemed unworthy of life is literally the description of what the soviet regime and similar regimes(red China, Khmer Rouge etc.) were doing, and they were both more successful in their genocide, often even more sadistic in their methods and killed more people, so yeah, communists are worse than nazis

The crimes of communism are literally worse as in both more inhumane and had far more devastating effects(the nazis lasted less than 2 decades, communism still poisons the world today)
If you unironically said this to a Holocaust survivor, I think they'd beat the shit out of you. You have to be high to assume being ruthlessly exterminated in death camps is somehow morally superior than the neglect and incompetence the Soviets and Maoists caused.
Fun fact, had Nazi Germany been given the same amount of time as the Soviets, they would've gleefully exceeded the Soviets in numbers and cruelty.
so yeah, communists are worse than nazis
I dare you to say this to a Jewish person

John Waters

Banned
Holy shit are you actually downplaying a core tenent of Drang nach Osten and Lebensraum?
There was actually no one finalized "Plan Ost" and what we know about it now is in large part influenced by soviet propaganda, but even if we accept completely that all about it is true it STILL doesn't contain anything that the soviets weren't already doing to their own victims

- genocide? - check
- artificial starvation? - check
- forced labour? - check
- extreme state terrorism? - check

And so on

There was actually no one finalized "Plan Ost" and what we know about it now is in large part influenced by soviet propaganda
What the fuck?

"um actually, what we believe about the Holocaust was actually told to us about the Soviets, and I think they're liars so I believe the Holocaust was exaggerated"

Absolute insanity

There was actually no one finalized "Plan Ost" and what we know about it now is in large part influenced by soviet propaganda, but even if we accept completely that all about it is true it STILL doesn't contain anything that the soviets weren't already doing to their own victims
Overplayed your hand here, pal.

John Waters

Banned
If you unironically said this to a Holocaust survivor, I think they'd beat the shit out of you
Yeah that sure is a valid point
being ruthlessly exterminated in death camps
You mean the Soviet death camps, right? You do know that before WW2 the soviets were already massively implementing death camps on their own people?
superior than the neglect and incompetence
That's an interesting way to spell "genocide"
Fun fact, had Nazi Germany been given the same amount of time as the Soviets, they would've gleefully exceeded the Soviets in numbers and cruelty
Maybe so, but it's not what happened in reality, so it's literally not a fact lmao

Fact is the opposite, that the soviets exceed them
I dare you to say this to a Jewish person
I'm literally Jewish lmao(and to completely take wind out of your sails, my family fought in the Red Army too)

Feel free to apologise whenever

John Waters

Banned
What the fuck?

"um actually, what we believe about the Holocaust was actually told to us about the Soviets, and I think they're liars so I believe the Holocaust was exaggerated"

Absolute insanity
You do know that the Holocaust and Plan Ost are different things? But if I have to spell it out: Holocaust was an actual action of nazis, genocide of Jewish people in the nazi-held territories, Plan Ost was a nazi program of colonisation of nazi-occupied Eastern Europe wich involved genocide, forced labour, mass starvation, etc., it was never finalized nor fully implemented(wich of course does not mean that they weren't doing these things)

You mean the Soviet death camps, right? You do know that before WW2 the soviets were already massively implementing death camps on their own people?
Gulags were terrible, but they existed to contain political prisoners not ethnic minorities. Nor did they contain any gas chambers to kill them en masse.
Maybe so, but it's not what happened in reality, so it's literally not a fact lmao
This is the alternatehistory.com, we're supposed to discuss what ifs.
I'm literally Jewish lmao(and to completely take wind out of your sails, my family fought in the Red Army too)

Feel free to apologise whenever
To be honest I don't really have any way of believing you, so I don't know why you're downplaying the guys with gas chambers and furnaces that intended to depopulate a continent.
it was never finalized nor fully implemented
It was a weird way of phrasing it, but I guess that's your brain on anti communist brain rot.

John Waters

Banned
Gulags were terrible, but they existed to contain political prisoners not ethnic minorities
This is literally factually incorrect, they existed to murder people based on their class, ethnicity, former position in pre-revolutionary society or other charecteristics(most of the "political prisoners" that you're talking about were literally, by definition, not that, as most of them were never active in politics or knew shit about that, for the majority of the soviet victims the 'crime' was being born wrong, having the wrong job, or sometimes the neighbours snitching at you or your local state police needing bigger conviction numbers) by starving them, slowly working them to death or, well, by simply murdering them outright

And yeah, the Soviets were commiting ethnic genocides, Holodomor is simply the most famous example, but actually at the same time the same thing was happening in Central Asia, the soviet government's struggle against "political enemies" often included rounding up and indiscriminately murdering some city's population of certain ethnicity, and if you ever heard about the peoples "deported" by soviet government...

I don't mean to be rude but you should actually study history of things like that before talking about them, and as it's literally the history of my country I take offence in that

discuss what ifs
Not to call them facts!
To be honest I don't really have any way of believing you
Well if you disregard any information that may burst your bubble than I have nothing to say to you really, have a bad day

It was a weird way of phrasing it, but I guess that's your brain on anti communist brain rot
Well I know that you wouldn't say any of this to me in person so that's good enough for me lol