Nobunaga’s Ambition Realized: Dawn of a New Rising Sun

An interesting outcome would be seeing the Commonwealth defeat Russia in eastern europe, causing a attitude shift to further colonize asia to grow their power before returning to europe.

An interesting outcome would be seeing the Commonwealth defeat Russia in eastern europe, causing a attitude shift to further colonize asia to grow their power before returning to europe.
The problem is that for this, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth needs to build up the wojsko kwarciane, as well as centralize the apparatus and weaken the power of the magnates (who have their own huge armies). Plus, I’m sure that this is rather an alternative - in the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth there was the most brutal serfdom (yes - worse than in Tsarist Russia).

Tbh me neither (at least for Rakoczi). I want to make sure I cover the butterfly events of Oda Japan's existence that take place further into Europe although it's definitely not a big priority (I first mentioned the War of the Cretan Coalition 24 chapters ago lol).
It's very nice that the PLC is kicking ass once again, and keeping the Ottoman Empire from expanding is good for the Christian states in the region!

Would the PLC do better when Russia attacks them? I could see the PLC losing a war against Russia and centralising the nation and building an army able to fight against Russia bc of it.

Sorry - typo. I wanted to write the opposite.
Which is why they need a kick in the balls, and the Russians doing it would be a good way to do so.

Poland managing to keep a central European empire would be very interesting though. Especially if they manage to get into personal union with the Hungarians.

Which is why they need a kick in the balls, and the Russians doing it would be a good way to do so.

Poland managing to keep a central European empire would be very interesting though. Especially if they manage to get into personal union with the Hungarians.
The Polish-Lithuanian-Hungarian Empire, anyone? Ew, I hate that name. Anybody got any better suggestions for names for this hypothetical hegemon of Eastern Europe?

The Polish-Lithuanian-Hungarian Empire, anyone? Ew, I hate that name. Anybody got any better suggestions for names for this hypothetical hegemon of Eastern Europe?
the United kingdoms of Poland, Lithuania and Hungary.

AKA the UK lmao.

Also they'd be focused on Central Europe and not get to Russia. I think.

Then it’d be in Stockholm’s best interest to ally with Krakow and beat Russia down before it can be a threat.
tbf Russia being permanently locked beyond Central Europe due to Sweden and Poland is such a cool idea, imagine it being called an 'Asian nation' as it loses against both Poland and Joseon/Japan.

Then it’d be in Stockholm’s best interest to ally with Krakow and beat Russia down before it can be a threat.
The problem comes with mainly two things: the Sejm and the Ottomans. The first is a bit obvious as indeed many magnates could be bought or had justifiable reason to not war with against Russia given their lands would be ravaged first and the second comes that keeping the Ottomans down and participating in the Holy Leagues to expell the Ottomans further and further out of Europe resonates better with everyone then warring against Russia just because Sweden wants it.

It also should also be mentioned that OTL shortly after this conflict against the Ottomans the Russians managed to defeat the Poles and take over more of the Ukraine, they won't be sitting idly just this time and would indeed be gearing themselves up for the inevitably showdown between themselves and their neighbors, especially because they still have the advantage of territory to fall back into.

The problem comes with mainly two things: the Sejm and the Ottomans. The first is a bit obvious as indeed many magnates could be bought or had justifiable reason to not war with against Russia given their lands would be ravaged first and the second comes that keeping the Ottomans down and participating in the Holy Leagues to expell the Ottomans further and further out of Europe resonates better with everyone then warring against Russia just because Sweden wants it.

It also should also be mentioned that OTL shortly after this conflict against the Ottomans the Russians managed to defeat the Poles and take over more of the Ukraine, they won't be sitting idly just this time and would indeed be gearing themselves up for the inevitably showdown between themselves and their neighbors, especially because they still have the advantage of territory to fall back into.
Then I guess the PLC needs to get its shit together first.

With the Commonwealth also having inaugurated a new ruler recently and the Sejm uneasy over the prospect of prolonged war, Krakow eagerly accepted.​
Not that anything, but I caught this error and decided to report it - instead of Krakow it should be Warsaw, as the latter has been the capital of the Commonwealth since 1611 (1596, if you take into account the location of all central institutions).

Last edited:
Not that anything, but I caught this error and decided to report it - instead of Krakow it should be Warsaw, as the latter has been the capital of the Commonwealth since 1611 (1596, if you take into account the location of all central institutions).
Fixed it just now, thanks for catching it.
dLfhnL3zjhXMUHhFhFWE86PZPhq-yXj0oSfnHY_2224.jpg