As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Welp, TBS becoming a family channel, that is something I didn't expect AT ALL!

On the other hand, why didn't they do this IOTL?
Actually, TBS has had family programming at different points IOTL.

For example, in the late 90s IOTL, they had an after-school block called the Disaster Area.

It was also common for Disney to hand out a syndication license for some stuff to TBS, including Robin Hood.

Actually, TBS has had family programming at different points IOTL.

For example, in the late 90s IOTL, they had an after-school block called the Disaster Area.

It was also common for Disney to hand out a syndication license for some stuff to TBS, including Robin Hood.
I've heard of the Disaster Area, but Disney handing TBS a syndication license was surprising to read.

While we're on the subject of conglomerates licensing properties to each other's cable outlets, Warner Bros. had licensed the post-1948 LT/MM cartoons to Nickelodeon in the late 80's. When TimeWarner acquired the former Family Channel and renamed it Warner Freeform, the Looney Tunes license with Nick didn't expire until 2000. Because of that, Warner Freeform had to carefully schedule its compilations to avoid overlap with Nickelodeon and ABC. Below is the intro I remember from elementary school IOTL.

ITTL, with TBS now merging with Paramount, TimeWarner is hoping to regain the rights to the Pre-1948 LT/MM library which were previously sold to Associated Artists Productions around 1957 and changed hands a bunch of times before Ted Turner got the rights when he bought United Artists in the early Seventies. Even if TBS-Paramount holds on to those shorts, Warner Bros. still has big plans to bring the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show back to Saturday morning TV.

ITTL, Robin Hood did air on CN as part of Cartoon Theatre back in 1999.

While we're at it, Nick once aired Fox's dub of Maya the Bee in the Late 80's and Early 90's, usually right before Eureeka's Castle or Fred Penner's Place.
Didn't The Magic Roundabout air on Eureeka's Castle?

Yeah sure
I remember that TBS aired the Disaster Area block in what were the afterschool hours in Atlanta. But living on the West Coast meant I was still in school during the Disaster Area's timeslots, so I don't have too much nostalgia for that. And on Saturday Mornings, the Disaster Area would already be over by the time I woke up.

Just like OTL, the Cartoon Network launched its West Coast feed in March of 1998.

I remember that TBS aired the Disaster Area block in what were the afterschool hours in Atlanta. But living on the West Coast meant I was still in school during the Disaster Area's timeslots, so I don't have too much nostalgia for that. And on Saturday Mornings, the Disaster Area would already be over by the time I woke up.

Just like OTL, the Cartoon Network launched its West Coast feed in March of 1998.
Cool and can Caddicarus join Rooster Teeth?

Last edited: